The joy & nightmare of wall mounting a TV!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This is turning out to be a long drawn out DIY task! I am trying to wall mount a 40 inch TV and the front and centre speakers within a 55 inch (ish) gap and so basically have no-where to move things.

I have a wall socket which has the mains cable running straight up the centre line of the wall and so i have to negotiate the position of the TV bracket and centre speaker, also the cable to the room light switch runs right up through where the right speaker needs to be fixed! Great, wall looks a mess but slowly getting there.

Anyway, i am going to bury the mains lead to the TV in the wall, so that i can plug it into the mains conditioner on the floor, rather than creating a socket behind the TV. Is this safe? There shouldnt be any fire hazard should there?

Would love to show the pictures, so many holes, pencil lines of mreasurement, etc!

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Have you looked at the the Vogels Column system comes in 3 lengths (EFA6830/6835/6840) supporting up to 4 shelves on largest , no need to chase wall and hides leads, I've bought mine in advance of my New Plasma from Cearly AV in Ipswich looks great .

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I think it may be a tad to late for that ...
emotion-2.gif

regards

A

Anonymous

hmmmm yes you could say that, plus space is tight so the wall is the best bet for it.

Would like to know if i am OK plastering over the TV mains lead though?

daveh75

you can yes, but i would cover it with the metal trunking that sparks use when burrying cables. in fact you're supposed to anyway if the cable is burried 2 inches deep or less in the wall,

John Duncan

tubby:
hmmmm yes you could say that, plus space is tight so the wall is the best bet for it.

Would like to know if i am OK plastering over the TV mains lead though?

I'd wire in a socket behind your proposed location, whether trunked or not...

A

Anonymous

Agree with this, you really need to put a cover over the cable before burying it or cut the plug off and metal tube it.

R

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
This is also on my 'to do' list when we eventually decorate the living room.

In my old flat, I sank some plastic conduit into the wall, and plastered over it. This allowed me to remove all the cables when I moved without having to destroy the wall.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts