The John Lewis list

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
So you're an MP, and us kind taxpayers want to kit you out with some larvely home entertainment kit, just for being such a nice person and representing our interests so well.

You've got:

£750 for a TV

£270 for a recordable DVD player

£750 for a hi-fi system.

What would you buy?

emotion-14.gif

John Duncan

And what's even better is, this is every year, so you don't have to worry about format wars or buying technology that's out of date tomorrow - you just get a new one next year!

Does it have to be from John Lewis though?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, just the values are based on John Lewis prices. And should you be cohabiting with another MP - morning, Mr Balls - you can both claim for the same things.

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
Panny 37PX80 and Panny DMR-EX77 recorder for telly and dvd. I wouldn't bother with a full-on hifi system for a second home. I'd get a 32gb iPod touch and a B&W Zeppelin. That way I could secretly be playing games or surfing the net while sitting on the backbench.

Tesler

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
That really makes me angry that!!

My In-laws' are in their late 70's and are struggling to heat their house with the "massive" heating allowance they get from the wonderful Mp's.(sorry I mean taxpayers not MP's)

As a matter of fact their TV just recently packed up and they were panicking because that's the only window to the outside world they had. So the family all clubbed together and bought them a new one. Well they couldn't afford one could they.

I wonder if I can claim back the price of a bucket from John Lewis so I can be sick in it? That's what I feel like doing!

John Duncan

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
No, just the values are based on John Lewis prices. And should you be cohabiting with another MP - morning, Mr Balls - you can both claim for the same things.
[/quote]

So that's a Pure One for the wife, and a Primare i30 for me then?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="Andrew Everard"]sheila[/quote]

My mother's name - she was a rum and lemonade kind of girl.[/quote]
Ye we know ;-)

Cheers (hic),

Cofnchtr.

daveamiller

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]What would you buy?[/quote]

Makes no difference, the only thing that will show up on their expense claim is TV for £750, DVD player for £270 and a hi-fi for £750, wallpaper for £3000 (includes paste and wobbly table), Kitchen for £10000 etc etc .. they've no need to actually research the models that fall into the price range .. just grab the cash.

John Duncan

[quote user="daveamiller"][quote user="Andrew Everard"]What would you buy?[/quote]

Makes no difference, the only thing that will show up on their expense claim is TV for £750, DVD player for £270 and a hi-fi for £750, wallpaper for £3000 (includes paste and wobbly table), Kitchen for £10000 etc etc .. they've no need to actually research the models that fall into the price range .. just grab the cash.[/quote]

Wish I could get a kitchen for only ten grand..........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts