The impossible question - answers please!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW:maxflinn:
i wanna know what love is...foriegner..

spellbinding, and anyone can identify with it...

Are you sure it was Foreigner?

Could've been REOKansasSpeedForeignerWagon

Were all these bands blood related?

They looked and sounded very similar, and had deformed bass guitars (6 strings?????)

i dont know but i'd say they shared the same hairdresser
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

In Extremo - Frei zu sein

Full of energy and a superb trackÿ
emotion-4.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
bobbyg81:Vidrar vel til loftarasa by Sigur Ros. The most emotive piece I've ever heard. I don't mind admitting it gave me a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye

Which, for a song about reducing heat-loss through your roof, is going some...

A

Anonymous

A few good ones so far, for it,s great harmony and smooth arrangement i would have to say Let There Be Love by Nat King Cole, great piano intro and smooth vocals with fantastic orchestration. It also didn,t take five minutes to do in a recording studio like some modern music.

Troy62

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine tends to change regularly lol. This week it's probably Paranoid Android by Radiohead but last week I'd have said Angel by Hendrix. Ask me again next week .

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Troy62:
Mine tends to change regularly lol. This week it's probably Paranoid Android by Radiohead but last week I'd have said Angel by Hendrix. Ask me again next week .

So difficult indeed. I would normally go for PA by Radiohead but today it's The Libertines, Don't Look Back Into The Sun.

Trefor Patten

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Kites - Simon Dupree and The Big Sound. Haunted me since I was 9 years old. I can think of thousands of tracks which are 'better' for all sorts of reasons, but if forced to choose just one song, that would have to be it.

manicm

If I was stuck on an island and told I could choose only 1 song?

Deacon Blues - Steely Dan

'Learn to work the saxophone,

I play just what I feel,

Drink Scotch whiskey all night long,

And die behind the wheel,

They got a name for the winners in this world

I want a name when I lose

They call Alabama the crimson tide

Call me deacon blues'.

There's simply no cooler combination of music and lyrics.

sweety7272

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
White Stripes - 7 Nation Army. Couldn't manage without ever hearing that opeing riff again...

Although for pure brilliance, it would be close run between that and The Bear Necessities from the Jungle Book. A perfect view of what's really important in life!

SteveR750

"..We're an Irish band, from Dublin City, Ireland. Like all cities, it has its good and has its Bad..." and only that version - the studio version is nowhere near as emotive. Not necessarily my favourite all time song; just the event, the day, that moment in time etc etc, and the countless hours reliving it since when I hear those opening bars.

BillDay66

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I have seen you in the movies
And in those magazines at night
I saw you on the barstool when
You held that glass so tight.
And I saw you in my nightmares
But I'll see you in my dreams
And I might live a thousand years
Before I know what that means.

TRENDING THREADS