The Hobbit Pt1 £14.99

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
That's true, but Amazon do not have a high street shop i can pick up from close to me, so I prefer to support my local shop. Plus you can still get it delivered free by post if you can't be bothered to leave your house.
smiley-laughing.gif

£15 at Tesco as well:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-2d-blu-ray/381-9048.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=381-9048

If you buy another film / game with it, to make a total of £30, you'll get a £5 discount.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hot-deals/tesco-entertainment-£5-off-on-a-£30-spend

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
f1only said:
That's true, but Amazon do not have a high street shop i can pick up from close to me, so I prefer to support my local shop. Plus you can still get it delivered free by post if you can't be bothered to leave your house.
smiley-laughing.gif

Our local Blockbuster has gone along with our HMV,which cuts down my options somewhat.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
That's a reasonably low premium for the steelbook. I don't think I could bring myself to buy the vanilla blu rays of this series, when it will obviously come out as a boxset and then an extended box set. I'm happy to wait.

BenLaw said:
That's a reasonably low premium for the steelbook. I don't think I could bring myself to buy the vanilla blu rays of this series, when it will obviously come out as a boxset and then an extended box set. I'm happy to wait.

Trust me Ben, the normal version looks like an extended version! ;)

I don't think I can watch if the film is any longer.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Got the 3D BD delivered today - looking at the 3D BD, it has 'Part Two' written on the right hand side of the disc?

Anyone else got this?

Thought 'An Unexpected Journey' was Part One?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Because the disc contains so much information they split the film into to 2 parts just like the extended versions of Lord Of The Rings to get the best quality possible.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
f1only said:
Because the disc contains so much information they split the film into to 2 parts just like the extended versions of Lord Of The Rings to get the best quality possible.

Yep the 3D version takes up more disc space and so is split over 2 discs but the 2D version is on 1 disc, I was disappointed that the 3D version was split...although not a huge pain we are back to my bugbear of the Lord Of The Rings extended edition boxset with those movies all being split over two discs.

Is a 50gb disc really not big enough to contain the whole 3D movie? Perhaps production costs have dictated that the 3D version be split between two 25gb discs? Anyone know what the answer is? Disappointing either way.

I am concerned that Peter Jackson and Warner will bring out an extended edition of all the Hobitt movies but as they are already wringing the neck out of it with 3 movies out of such a small story when compared to Lord Of The Rings I'm not sure how much will be missing anyway, does anyone know if an extended edition is in the works or is it just rumour?

As a 3D disc though The Hobitt was outstanding I thought, despite being split over 2 discs.

The extended edition is definitely coming; Warner Bros has already made an announcement to that effect.

http://screenrant.com/hobbit-extended-edition-dark-knight-box-set-release-date/

I'm not bothered with the extended edition. It's already too long - the reason why the 3D version is split into 2 parts I think.

Jonnyhifi

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
f1only , apologies for tardiness in replying. Yes there are 4 discs, and I can't see any reference to a region on the packaging or the discs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts