the great speaker + amp hunt

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been searching for a speaker + amp that will play primarily music but grow into a home theater setup for a 46 - 50" tv with blu-ray.

There've been suggestions for Tannoy DC6T + Denon AVR2310 to meet my SGD$3-4K budget but I've decided it may be best to just start with a clean slate and go listen to all the speakers I can get my hand on. And there are so many!!

how does one even begin to start when I'm starting from nothing? All I have now is a JBL soundstage 200i dock.

All the permutations and combinations are endless! doesn't look like I'm going to find the perfect amp + speakers very soon!

Has anyone been in such a position before? I'd like to hear from your experience! :D

A

Anonymous

the best advice i can give is to find a dealer somewhere near you,two preferably and take along some music of your own and listen to what they have on demo and listen to there advice,by trying more than one dealer and different systems you will hopefully find something you like,it can be like walking through a minefield at first but a good dealer can see you through safely.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the tip. a friend gave me a dealer contact who did his stuff and i'm half tempted to just take his advice for some of the stuff because I haven't a clue where to start....but it's always a case of buyer beware!

so now, with $3K to spend on a stereo *** AVR system with speakers....I've decided to just bring a CD and pick the speakers first...hopefully that will help me figure out the amp somehow!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts