The God Machine - One Last Laugh In A Place Of Dying...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Recently come across this band, and im blown away in a huge fashion.

One of those albums that makes you feel like your in another place? Little bit magic.

Boy By The Roadside has to be one of the most haunting songs ive heard in a long time, superb stuff.

Anyone else like this little heard early 90's stuff?

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Yep, me.

I`ve got `Scenes From A Second Storey` on cd. Bought it when it came out. Haven`t played it for awhile but I must get around to it. I also have a few singles. Off the top of my head two 12"singles and maybe two cd singles.

Heard them when I walked into a record shop in Harrow and someone who worked there was playing the bands first/current single. "Wow!" I thought. "Who`s that"? Got talking to the assistant and ended up buying the single there and then. Lost touch with them by the second album sadly but wish I hadn`t really. Must dig out those 12"singles and give them a blast on my new turntable.

Wouldn`t worry too much. Most things get re-issued at some point. Hopefully soon. Actually come to think of it the drummer from a band called Lyadrive knows a bit about them and might own the second album if I remember correctly. Think I`ll give him a call and ask him for any useful info. If I find out anything worthwhile I`ll get back to you.

You are not alone.

A

Anonymous

Glad there is some out there who knows of them. Defo deserves to be re-issued, its superb stuff.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Oh yeah sorry, forgot to post back.

Spoke to the guy I know who`s also into the God Machine. He reminded me that the bass player died which is why they only made two albums. I have the first one and he has the second. Wish I`d got the second one now as it`s really expensive by the looks of things on ebay.

Had a look through part of my collection and found "Ego" on 12"vinyl and gave it a spin. My collection is all over the place at the moment but I`m certain I have "Home" on 12" and possibly on cd single too. Fairly sure I have an ep on cd called `The Desert Song` or something similiar.

Anyway, here`s hoping the albums get re-issued soon! All the best.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts