Brussels HI-FI show

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
So I just want to say I went to the anual hifi show here in Brussels it's basicly organised by one of my dealers for starters but it's getting so big that most of Belgian dealers an a lot of foreign importers come to expose there.

Example

So I saw a lot of stuf some impressed me others not

I saw an heard from the brand Nagra but there looks never waked some trust in me so I never felt the need to listen to there gear, well I'm not ashamed to say it is a big mistake....they have a tape machine who i heard pleaing well I was amased by the derail an deep bass. Still not a fan of the looks an would provably never buy one but it was really good.

That's actualy not what interest me the most during my visit. As I'm looking for speakers my attention went mostly to that department an here I heard a lot of sweet stuff. some I heard before others where new for me. So I had a quick listen to

Cabasse: there High end 'Artis' can't say it was bad of course but I was more impressed by the range under that the Pasific 3 sa that I heard with Alex a month ago.

Lisened to Elac bs 403 witch is a tiny litle speaker so not for me but I have to admid I was scotched by what that litle speaker could produce in bass department no of course it's not a speaker in the ranche I'm looking but stil if you have not a lot of space you might like budget would be arround 750€/p it was connected to Block gear witch I didn't know eatherbut there prices seemed to be fair for decent gear. I mean it was really good....

I also sit down a little longer listen to Vivid speakers I heard theme once at the dealers playing some clasical music an I remember that day I was impressed by the clarity an detail.

Here I listened to Jazz an vocal's an I found the clarity still amazing I would almost compare it to electrostatic speakers.

I didn't listen to long but the bass was there but not that you say wow what a low well it depnds your tast but even if it was there I was still missing something. oh year the model was V1.5 (8000€) I also had a listen to G2 there there was more low but here you talk about an other budget 45000€ so can't compare. An than ther is an other problem really subjective this time: THERE HORRIBLE LOOKS.....

An now th fon begins,

there are a few products who blow my mind.....

1 Is Voxative superb exclusive speaker German made.... The sound was full, clear fast airy but still attacking an to be honnest I think I rearly heard such a detail. An the low was really taking you but kept amazingly clean

An was also impressed it's a hudge speake 'ampegio due' but only 1 driver. seriously one of the best things I ever heard.

Now you have 2 finishes black or withe but it a lack aplied by hand an they do that 11 times (paint an polished each time)

witch make the speaker f.cking expensive 50000€ an it's really big not for every living room (btw effecianty is impressive 100db/w/m).

So of course I asked if they had a smaller version, ouf they have the Ampegio unfortunaly I couldn't have a listen to it but the belgian dealer invited me to his place in Namur to have a listen an he says I should bring my amp so I might do that in a few week the efficiency here is even more impressive 101db/w/m so I asked the price here still 30000€ same problem here the lack makes them that expensive but I spoke to the disigner an she said If I want they make you one with a normal paint an let it go for 11 000€ witch is more in my budget :) They also proposed me to only sell me the driver an that I make the box myself.....hue no thanks would be to scared to screw it up.....

Than I discovered a new brand "Josound" they ar actualy really new theynstarted the compagnie last year.

German disigner but they are build in the uk an they use chinees bamboo.

They where playing great but less than the one I discribed before so if you question ask but I will keep this one short. JUSZT KNOW IT WAS ALSO IPRESIVE ALSO IF YOU CONSIDER IT WAS ONLY PLAYING ON A 800€ TUBEamp with an MF clic & cdt.

So my guess is there is a huge potential there.

An than last but not least I enterd the Avalon room

It's the 4th time I hear them an each time I'm amazed by the transparensy, the dramatic scene it can produce this ime I heard there new baby the Compas but god god what a detail an power an supreme low.....(well I have to admid there where 2 huge Pass powerblocks conected to this Compas speakers that also plays a role of course, an the price of the compas is 45000€ so out of my budget)

Don't need to tell you I heard 3 (Idea, Ascendant, Compas) of there speakers an each time it hase that effect on me I think it are supreme speakers.

In the mean time my dealer called me for a demo next week of the Avalo ascendent he has in ex demo :)

Sorry Ceno no Keff's there :-( I would really would have liked it if I could hear tme again there.

I have pictures of some of this beauty's but Can't post them will ask Alex next week when I'm back from holiday.

So botem line I had a great day really enjoyed my self an heard a lot of good stuff but only two of theme keep scratching my couriosity really....Voxative an Avalon

An One thing missing my partner in crime Alex.......

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Roby, it's good to hear about your day.

It's usually a good sign when a speaker brand continually leaves a good impression.....which makes Avalon a very strong contender.

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Roby, it's good to hear about your day.

It's usually a good sign when a speaker brand continually leaves a good impression.....which makes Avalon a very strong contender.

I know

But hey I strongly sudgest You have a listen to Voxative. It's was provably one or maybe the best thing I heard in my short HI_FI adventure.

But my dealer backs me up here just telling me it was the best thing he heard in the munich HI-FI show wich is one of the bigest.

I'm pretty shure you will love it

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Roby said:
But hey I strongly sudgest You have a listen to Voxative. It's was provably one or maybe the best thing I heard in my short HI_FI adventure.

I would say there's a slim to no chance of finding them in Ireland, but I'll keep my eye out.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi Roby,

Sounds like you had a pretty nice day, thanks for the lowdown.

Only pity is that you didn't listen to the Nagra gear, looks apart, it's supposed to be stunning!

Look forward to the results of your Avalon demo.

Mac

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Roby said:
There are a few products who blow my mind.....

1 Is Voxative superb exclusive speaker German made.... The sound was full, clear fast airy but still attacking an to be honnest I think I rearly heard such a detail. An the low was really taking you but kept amazingly clean

An than last but not least I enterd the Avalon room

It's the 4th time I hear them an each time I'm amazed by the transparensy, the dramatic scene it can produce

I have pictures of some of this beauty's but Can't post them will ask Alex next week when I'm back from holiday.

Given this is what you are looking for, as Neuphonix has rightly said, Focal (Utopia range...possibly Viva) should also be on your radar.

McRagefit

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi Roby,

Just wanted to thank you for letting me (indirectly) know about the HiFi show in Brussels!

I live in Belgium too and jumped in the car after reading this post.

It was my first show and I must say I really enjoyed it!

Cheers

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
McRagefit said:
Hi Roby,

Just wanted to thank you for letting me (indirectly) know about the HiFi show in Brussels!

Cheers

Hi McRagefit

Would you like to share your thoughts about the show?

A

Anonymous

Hi Roby,

I am very glad that you enjoyed the JoSound and Voxativ rooms, It is always nice to have someone else appreciate your work. Please accept my personal thanks for spending sometime in our room enjoying music after all that is the reason that I started making loudspeakers
smile.png

There are 2 points in your article that I feel I should clarify, the JO 33, that we demonstrated, were designed by myself in Jersey and not Germany, but the drive units are the Voxativ AC 2.5 middle of the range units, as opposed to the AC-Xp2, top of the range field coil drivers that were being demonstrated by Voxativ and therese are of course are German.

The actual price of the amplifier is around € 4K

Again, I take the opprtunity to thank you and all the other visitors to our room ... we met some realy great people and enjoyed ourselves.

Hope to see all again next year !

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
McRagefit said:
Hi Roby,

Cheers

Great, another Belgium, we should meet up :)!

Where in Belgium?

Will be back on business Roby, don't worry :read:

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey manny thanks for your reply,

it's always nice to have the tought's of center person's as yourself.

Sorry for my mix up.... got a lot of info there..... :oops:

But true I reconized the driver but than I was not shure, I could have askeked you.

Looking forward talkink to you next year :)

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Macspur said:
Hi Roby,

Sounds like you had a pretty nice day, thanks for the lowdown.

Only pity is that you didn't listen to the Nagra gear, looks apart, it's supposed to be stunning!

Look forward to the results of your Avalon demo.

Mac

Hey

You missed it there.....

I did have a proper sit down an listen to the Nagra gear an it is truly amazing....here there was a tape recorder running with some jazz. I think the sound of the tape is comparable to a good TT....altrue I geass this is a piece of equipment I provably never buy (its a strugle when you try to change theme. the represebtative was doing it an he was not giving a secure impression an he is suposed to be used to do it)

Beside that I was convinced by the Nagra sound but the looks is not to my taste.....

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Ah sorry didn't realise it was a complete Nagra set up, thought it was just the tape deck through other brand components.

Any news on the Avalons?

Cheers

Mac

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
oldric_naubhoff said:
Roby said:
Here I listened to Jazz an vocal's an I found the clarity still amazing I would almost compare it to electrostatic speakers.

ever heard electrostatic speakers, may I ask?

Hello,

Well Personally I heard 4 pairs of electrstatics.

first time it where Final but they don't make them any more. apparently the compagnie bankruped.

I have to say I was impressen by the clean an sprankling soundthe dealer who made me listen to them said I might miss some Bass.. to be honest it was a long time ago so I'm not going to expand but if he didn't told me I don't think I would have noticed that quickly that was the weakest link.

Than I listened to magapan with the active woofer wel not good at all (for me ) I had the a feeling of stange mix in high an boombastic low But to day someone told me you have to be really carefull of those so that might have been a problem.

Than I had a quick listen on silverline NAD gear to higher range Megapan (don't know the model) playing Piano music an that's always in my mind when I think of electrostatique so I guess I can say it impressed me ;-)

An here at the show because of a time issue I had a quick listen to Pio sound. Witch was really good an it was sertenly worth staying longer for a better listening session.

I can tell you this if you wan't to try electrostatique....

It will certenly give you a wow effect I mean it's a real special sound an impressive. But my geuss is you will miss some low.

So you should also buy a proper active sub to obtain decent bass. Please don't go in to the mixed series of megapan I think you regret it in the end.... well that my opinion.

An also be carfull you need decent spece behinthe speakers (1.5m or more)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts