The Dark Knight Rises DVD £5 at Morrisons!

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
DVD?? Disk Very Dodgy? Shame never a BRD on offer. I only buy bd for sound superiorty tho rarely. Tad expensive tho. Mosty use sky for movies but Warhorse excellent. Prometheus weak. Yet to watch spiderman, dark knight & Ghost protocol. Avatar a must keep. Time for my lie down and pills now, godda go. Cheers

Chisy1

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Oldboy said:
The bluray version is only £12.50 in Tesco though and price matched from Amazon if you can't be doing with Tesco ;)

....or Tesco if you don't want to support a tax dodger! ;)

Or you don't want to buy from a company that legally organises it's affairs in a tax efficient manner to maximise profits to its shareholders. Please have a go at HMRC / government for not correctly legislating to counteract this mitigation technique.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
BenLaw said:
bigboss said:
Oldboy said:
The bluray version is only £12.50 in Tesco though and price matched from Amazon if you can't be doing with Tesco ;)

....or Tesco if you don't want to support a tax dodger! ;)

They're not in the news, but do we really think Tesco doesn't avoid a bit of tax?

I really don't see how you can blame any of the companies concerned here for dodging tax...if the government had legislated properly in the first place then they wouldn't be able to get away with it, these companies aren't the only ones either as football stars, athletes, in fact most sports stars in general, celebrities and the wealthy businessmen of this world all do their level best to avoid paying tax due to the amount of tax they have to pay in this country.

It's up to the government to legislate efficiently to stop all these people and global companies from being able to avoid paying tax in the UK, as far as i'm aware none of them are doing anything illegal and it's just the current economic climate that has brought these companies to the attention of the media...it's been going on for years but only now is there any form of outrage over it as our bills rise and we all face paying more tax than ever before because of the osterity bill. I'm no fan of what any of them are doing considering how much we all face tightening our belts over potentially the next decade but the blame lies squarley at the government who have let this happen for far too long.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Don't think I would term it as dodging tax, as Oldboy points out its really up to the Government of the day to make the whole thing watertight so it cannot be exploited.

BTW I don't agree with it.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As mentioned, in Tesco today the BD was £12.50 and the three-movie BD set £25 – and they had a full-size Batpod in the entrance of the store, guarded by a couple of bored-looking heavies who were allowing people to take pictures of each other posing next to it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts