The current record_spot set-up

record_spot

So here's my current setup. On the way to becoming a two source, passive amp and active speaker rig. The Onkyo TX-NR might be on its way out but we'll see. Anyway, here's the current setup. Not great photos, but thought I'd share anyway.

DSC_2080.jpg

Stereo%201.jpg

DSC_2079.jpg

M%20Patch%20passive%20pre.jpg

record_spot

Well, times don't half change, as do our stereos and indeed, *where* we live!

Moved down to the Scottish Borders four years ago and married three years ago. New setup, completely, although I still have the Cambridge 752BD (six years old and still going strong). These days, the system looks a bit like this:-

- AVI ADM9RSS actives
- Sony CDP-911E CD Player
- Cambridge 752BD universal player
- Eagletone Engineering One.Two Super OEM turntable (think Audio Technica AT-1240 deck)
- Philips CD840 CD Player (a project waiting to be worked on)
- Arylic S10 streamer - the latest (pint-sized_ acquisition, and highly recommended.

Remembering back to my days a decade or so ago berating AVI's marketing style and the very stark divide we had between passive and active speaker owners at the time, I ended up buying a NOS pair of ADM9RSS actives (the precursor to the DM10) just over a year ago and I have to say I love them. Paired with a more recent acquisition in the Sony CD Player, the sound quality really is excellent and, I find, captivating. It's very easy to listen for hours and these days, I tend to do just that.

Actually, Martin Grindrod is still active....

Welcome back! The link you posted says "new site under construction". Are the speakers still being manufactured? I remember seeing a thread from January where they talked about speakers not being produced anymore and there was a post from Ashley James as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts