the bose 201 are good at home cinema?

A

Anonymous

I will try and answer this one, but from looking at your previous posts, I feel that any advice will either fall on deaf ears, or a big debate will start.... but here goes anyway.... First, I know that you are in Portugal and I do not know what A/V equipment is available over there or how much it costs, so I shall assume that the prices between kit will be equivalent and I shall stick to main names. In England, BOSE is overpriced, and you can get more for your money. In the US, Bose appears to have pricing which is more accurate to the quality of sound you get i.e. 1/2 price. I take it you realise that you require an amplifier for this, or had you not thought of this? In either case, what are you going to hook the speakers up to? Personally, if I had £200 to spend on a pair of speakers, I would go for the Monitor Audio BR2s... wait a minute... I did go for them... and I enjoy them very much. They sound good with Rotel RA-04 amplifier, and will produce not only decent sound for watching TV, but excellent stereo sound too. What do you think? Or are you hell bent on a Bose system and just wanted to start another debate?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="tom83cat"]I will try and answer this one, but from looking at your previous posts, I feel that any advice will either fall on deaf ears, or a big debate will start.... but here goes anyway.... First, I know that you are in Portugal and I do not know what A/V equipment is available over there or how much it costs, so I shall assume that the prices between kit will be equivalent and I shall stick to main names. In England, BOSE is overpriced, and you can get more for your money. In the US, Bose appears to have pricing which is more accurate to the quality of sound you get i.e. 1/2 price. I take it you realise that you require an amplifier for this, or had you not thought of this? In either case, what are you going to hook the speakers up to? Personally, if I had £200 to spend on a pair of speakers, I would go for the Monitor Audio BR2s... wait a minute... I did go for them... and I enjoy them very much. They sound good with Rotel RA-04 amplifier, and will produce not only decent sound for watching TV, but excellent stereo sound too. What do you think? Or are you hell bent on a Bose system and just wanted to start another debate?[/quote]

good afternoon, I PREFER BOSE Than all the others companies in hifi!!!!

bose is not overpriced, if you donït have money for bose is one thing!!! donït call bose overpriced because you donït have money to buy!!!!

in this world, a BOSE 901 beat all bowers and wilkins in their price class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bose lover"][quote user="tom83cat"]I will try and answer this one, but from looking at your previous posts, I feel that any advice will either fall on deaf ears, or a big debate will start.... but here goes anyway....

First, I know that you are in Portugal and I do not know what A/V equipment is available over there or how much it costs, so I shall assume that the prices between kit will be equivalent and I shall stick to main names.
In England, BOSE is overpriced, and you can get more for your money. In the US, Bose appears to have pricing which is more accurate to the quality of sound you get i.e. 1/2 price. I take it you realise that you require an amplifier for this, or had you not thought of this? In either case, what are you going to hook the speakers up to?
Personally, if I had £200 to spend on a pair of speakers, I would go for the Monitor Audio BR2s... wait a minute... I did go for them... and I enjoy them very much.
They sound good with Rotel RA-04 amplifier, and will produce not only decent sound for watching TV, but excellent stereo sound too.
What do you think? Or are you hell bent on a Bose system and just wanted to start another debate?[/quote] good afternoon, I PREFER BOSE Than all the others companies in hifi!!!! bose is not overpriced, if you donït have money for bose is one thing!!! donït call bose overpriced because you donït have money to buy!!!! in this world, a BOSE 901 beat all bowers and wilkins in their price class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote] you are funny mate3 i give you that

A

Anonymous

I guess I got the response I expected... they do say ignorance is bliss.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="tom83cat"]I guess I got the response I expected... they do say ignorance is bliss.[/quote]

sorry about my comment,but bose is very good!!!

sorry

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bose lover"][quote user="tom83cat"]I guess I got the response I expected... they do say ignorance is bliss.[/quote] sorry about my comment,but bose is very good!!! sorry[/quote] youll be sorry when you relize you are wrong but for now enjoy and best of luck mate

A

Anonymous

[quote user="sex"][quote user="bose lover"][quote user="tom83cat"]I guess I got the response I expected... they do say ignorance is bliss.[/quote] sorry about my comment,but bose is very good!!! sorry[/quote] youll be sorry when you relize you are wrong but for now enjoy and best of luck mate[/quote]

what do you mean?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="tom83cat"]Now now children, play nice[/quote]

You beat me to it
emotion-2.gif

If Bose Lover loves Bose, good luck to him.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
[quote user="tom83cat"]Now now children, play nice[/quote]

You beat me to it
emotion-2.gif

If Bose Lover loves Bose, good luck to him.

[/quote]

thank you

A

Anonymous

i mean that its your money and your wallet so its your decision ...we are not here to sell you stuff or change your mind but to exchange knowlege some of us have made mistakes buyng bad equipment and tell every body about it so we dont have to go through the same if you want bose so be it and i hope for you that you will be happy but as sais before if you can be asked to look around you can (100%) find better for you money and have better sound experience wish you all the best ..............................................................from aprevious bose owner .

A

Anonymous

Bose lover is intitled too his opinion, I love the mighty nottingham forest which is just as misplaced

A

Anonymous

[quote user="garethwd"]Bose lover is intitled too his opinion[/quote]actualy its his opinion that matters the most but i dint understand why( if is mind is made up on bose )is he asking for advice and opinions if you know wat you eant and are sure go get it son

A

Anonymous

[quote user="sex"][quote user="garethwd"]Bose lover is intitled too his opinion[/quote]actualy its his opinion that matters the most but i dint understand why( if is mind is made up on bose )is he asking for advice and opinions if you know wat you eant and are sure go get it son[/quote]

ok, you have reason

A

Anonymous

simple fact is... Bose are good... but theres better for cheaper

A

Anonymous

[quote user="matthew s"]simple fact is... Bose are good... but theres better for cheaper[/quote] ok you se thats the point we tring to make bose is bad for the money but that dosent mean it sounds bad if it was to cost half it probably would bag some very good rewievs but its overpriced ( here in uk )so those who know alitle bit about hi-fi stay away as they know they can get better for the same money

A

Anonymous

Aiwa SX-LM10 speakers are actually really good - and what audiophile would expect Aiwa speakers to sound good! So I guess Bose could be the same...but all the ones I have heard have been pretty diabolical...but then again, a good EQ will make some speakers sound amazing.

Although the Aiwa speakers were £40 and not £400...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="sex"][quote user="matthew s"]simple fact is... Bose are good... but theres better for cheaper[/quote] ok you se thats the point we tring to make bose is bad for the money but that dosent mean it sounds bad if it was to cost half it probably would bag some very good rewievs but its overpriced ( here in uk )so those who know alitle bit about hi-fi stay away as they know they can get better for the same money[/quote]

if bose cost the half-price, no other product of the same class of price is better.

but the bose 901 are better than some other hifi speakers in the same prize line!!!!
do you agree?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="tom83cat"]Errrr..... no[/quote]

how many bose systems do you listen?

do you have enter in a bose official store?

A

Anonymous

I know people who own the 3-2-1, AM 5 and the 201s... despite me advising them against it, the yuppies went and bought them anyway. Each to their own I guess. Once upon a time, I was hell bent on getting an AcoustiMass until I went into a Bose retailer and then decided to "just have a look" in Sevenoaks.... lol.... how wrong I was.

A

Anonymous

good aftermoom, today i went to a hifi shop, where i listen bose, monitor audio, denon and kef, and bowers and wilkins.

for me bose is better than denon, kef, monitor audio and some other, but the bowers and wilkins (SOME MODELS) are better than bose.

for me bose is one of the best!!!!

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
You don't mention any model numbers for these 'lesser' brands, or what price range you're looking at. It's like saying that apples are better than oranges at the moment, to me you are making some very sweeping statements against good brand names.

If you like Bose, i'm glad for you. I hope you get a nice setup, and get alot of enjoyment out of it. Just don't expect everyone to think the same as you :)

TRENDING THREADS