The big cable debate which im sure your tired of but help this poor idiot

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
yes im the idiot in question.

anywho, just recently brought a sony bdve300 system, and currently i have my xbox360 sound linked to it with a standard and old optical cable, soooo. should i invest in a qed optical cable ive seen on amazon for a fiver?

what kind of budget cables are great for the price, as i cant afford the steep prices of most cables. the three cables im mainly after are, a new hdmi cable for the sony surround system, a new optical cable, and a decent av cable.

any help will be great, but no cash prizes for best answer.

yes im a semi-newbie again, as my hdtv is now prehistoric compared to most hdtvs now, though 4 years ago it was top dog-ish.it cost a grand at the time, but now you can buy the same spec for about 300 quid. makes me weep it does i tell ya.

A

Anonymous

For a fiver it's worth a punt in my opinion, I have a couple of QEDs and they sound good to me.

A

Anonymous

does sound tempting as its normally a tenner on amazon, its a second hand one i think, so im a little wary. as i want the best sound production and picture from my xbox, the best hdmi cable i have is in my xbox (avdigital) i think, i brought it from currys when i brought my hdtv 4 years ago for 40 quid.

the whole cable thing is doing my head in, as tesco sell qed cables aswell, but im not sure if a top end optical cable will be better than a budget optical cable.

A

Anonymous

I think it's a point of personal opinion, some people say they can hear the difference, some say they can't. I always work on the basis of getting the best value for money, I think possible at the time of purchase. If I can get a good deal, why not, it can't sound worse.

I'm a believer, but before anyone tries to shoot me down, it's just my opinion.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
listerino80:

does sound tempting as its normally a tenner on amazon, its a second hand one i think, so im a little wary. as i want the best sound production and picture from my xbox, the best hdmi cable i have is in my xbox (avdigital) i think, i brought it from currys when i brought my hdtv 4 years ago for 40 quid.

the whole cable thing is doing my head in, as tesco sell qed cables aswell, but im not sure if a top end optical cable will be better than a budget optical cable.

I wouldnt ever buy a second hand optical cable as theyre far too fragile

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:listerino80:

I wouldnt ever buy a second hand optical cable as theyre far too fragile

not that fragile - only glass ones - which are quite expensive but fragile. Most are polished plastic - and I haven't broken one yet !! - even with some ridiculous bend radiuses.

even if you buy glass ones ... they're easy to test - if you get a signal out the other end - the cables not broken ! simple as

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts