The best turntable based system with a budget of £30K - recommendations please.

Fin

May 24, 2021
Visit site
I want to get a turntable based HiFi with a 30K budget to include cables and stands. I do not need any other source. I love a range of music - from Led Zep, Stone Roses, Magazine, New Order, Radiohead, lots of electronica, Portishead, Massive attack, Orbital, plus loads more from 1970s - till now, having approx 1000 LPs. I want the best possible sound. What are your recommendations please?

Find a good dealer!

The longer answer is almost impossible to suggest, because there is no consensus on ‘the best possible’ sound. Do you really only want to play records, with no radio, streaming, or option for tape or CD? And stands for what - the speakers, the system, the cables?!

What size room do you want to fill, and what have you previously owned or enjoyed?

Reactions: Al ears

Vincent Kars

No love for the SaTurn?

saturn-1-1024x1024.jpg

Best way to play vinyl

PaulCocksedge.JPG

James83

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
The Naiad, but then you've killed virtually your entire budget, with nothing left for Amp and speakers!

So we have Rega Planar 10 with your choice of cartridge (You won't get a definitive answer on cartridges anywhere!!), Aura MC Phono pre amp.

I will pass on the Amp.
ATC speaker of your choice.

The End

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
I want to get a turntable based HiFi with a 30K budget to include cables and stands. I do not need any other source. I love a range of music - from Led Zep, Stone Roses, Magazine, New Order, Radiohead, lots of electronica, Portishead, Massive attack, Orbital, plus loads more from 1970s - till now, having approx 1000 LPs. I want the best possible sound. What are your recommendations please?
A DUAL Primus Maximus if you can find one. Only 100 made.

martois

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
A DUAL Primus Maximus if you can find one. Only 100 made.
Do you own or have you tested the Primus Maximus? I found very little online, but my father swears by his TT. I found one via an estate sale (opened and set up but never used by report). I took a gamble and bought it. Will send photos when it is all set up. Fingers crossed it is completely functional.

Do you own or have you tested the Primus Maximus? I found very little online, but my father swears by his TT. I found one via an estate sale (opened and set up but never used by report). I took a gamble and bought it. Will send photos when it is all set up. Fingers crossed it is completely functional.
This thread us ancient and the forum member has not been seen since July...

nads

Pounds? Euro? US or CAN $ or some other currency?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts