Recommend the best IPOD dock system for a budget of up to £350?

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I have not used my hi fi for around 9 months due to personal circumstances and I am currently staying with my folks in a tiny room but I miss listening to music through a good system so I was thinking of getting a good dock and spend some of my hard earned savings for something nice for myself that can lift my spirits and I could do with some . I was looking at the Geneva Model S (although the M looks divine but a bit too expensive unless someone knows of any place they are offering it at a discounted rate..possibly stretch my budget). Eventually I will be moving out to an apartment and to be honest my current hi fi would not fit the bill and I have been thinking of selling it off eventually so maybe a budget stretch would not be bad at all. I do want very good sound quality, detail in abundance but also able to rock out when required. I preferrably want extra connections on the dock for my turntable as I will keep that ! and possible another connection for a cd player as I still have a few of these locked away.

Any other suggestions please?

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
If you have an iPod with wireless connectivity, my recommendation would be a pair of small studio monitors and an Airport express to feed them.

Alternatively, the Pure i20 into the same monitors.

For the monitors, try Behringer Truth 1030a or 2030a, they also do a multi media pair of speakers. There are other cheapish small monitors available and davedotco mentioned some a while ago.

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/hi-fi-system-deals/pah01932 If you can stretch to the above with a £10 iPod lead your in good hi fi teterity with upgrades like dac,s apple airport express in the future when funds allow?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Overdose said:
If you have an iPod with wireless connectivity, my recommendation would be a pair of small studio monitors and an Airport express to feed them. Alternatively, the Pure i20 into the same monitors. For the monitors, try Behringer Truth 1030a or 2030a, they also do a multi media pair of speakers. There are other cheapish small monitors available and davedotco mentioned some a while ago.

Single source only though, no easy way to add CD or record player to an AEX.

On the otherhand, if the OP is prepared to forego other sources then either an AEX or a Pure i20 into a pair of my current budget favourites, the Presonus E5 would sound great for just £300. Few bob left over to go towards stands and cables.

mediabar32.jpg

If, on the other hand, multi sources are required then I cant see past a Marantz 603 and a pair of Acoustic Energy compacts, currently just £299 and £79 from Richer.

PLuKE

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
I can recommend the Pure i20, sounds nice, much more detail and smoother sounding than my CA ID50 (lack of in built DAC).

The pure can be had for £70.

Luke

TRENDING THREADS