The best speakers for Tube amplifiers, tell your experience and help me please.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I have an audio amplifier model that works with tube valves, the Jolida SJ-502A, it has about 50W per channel with 6550 Russian valves.

I use this amplifier with a Sony XA50ES CD player and the speakers are the Royd Doublet..., cables are wirewould polaris.

The question is that the sound could be better, the speakers don´t have enough base, the sound is detailed but somehow needs more base and power. I like a great and detailed sound but with this system things get a bit complicated.

I don´t know if the problem is on the speakers or in something else, I know that it´s difficult to say without listening...but there are some speakers that normally works well with tube amplifiers, i would like to have some feedback from you about this.

Many thanks, best regards

Joaquim

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Klipsch is known to work well with tubes, many dealers that sell tube amps do also recommend Klipsch.

A little less known brand would be Hyperion speakers, they match well with tubes and sound great but they do not come on a budget.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks, I will try to hear a par of Klipsch here in Lisbon, they have two dealers here!

All the best

Joaquim

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Joaquim Rosa greetings and welcome to the forums. Good to see someone from lisbon. I also live here. Maybe we can get together for some listening sessions.Dont know if it forum rules not to post email here...but here goes pcwfa@sapo.pt

A

Anonymous

If you get the chance then try some Tannoy Dual Concentrics. I have a pair on the end of my Quad 40s and love them.......

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your response, i donït live in Lisbon, but in Montijo.

I will contact you by email in a couple of days...

Best regrads

Joaqum

A

Anonymous

Hello, the Tannoy speakers usually have a great sound, but I have try already a par of older model Tannoy speakers from a friend and did not gain much over the Royd, in fact the Royd wore better.

Best regards

Joaquim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts