The best speaker

pupazaru

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Kindly ask to help me finding the best speakers for me.

The speakers must be between 2 and 10K Euros with the following characteristics: full range, amplification and DAC for each driver, digital crossovers, sealed and DSP.
Eventually it can have isobaric, (good) TL or even open baffle enclosure desings.
Important capabilities are:
- to perform at low sound volume
- do not requires proprietary connection
Regarding WiFi I don't care.
Maybe the most important quality for me is the reability in time.

If I am not wrong these would fit my requirements: Bang & Olufsen Beolab 5 and Dynaudio Focus 600 XD.

Other options?

Best Regards,

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
pupazaru said:
Hi,

Kindly ask to help me finding the best speakers for me.

The speakers must be between 2 and 10K Euros with the following characteristics: full range, amplification and DAC for each driver, digital crossovers, sealed and DSP. Eventually it can have isobaric, (good) TL or even open baffle enclosure desings. Important capabilities are: - to perform at low sound volume - do not requires proprietary connection Regarding WiFi I don't care. Maybe the most important quality for me is the reability in time.

If I am not wrong these would fit my requirements: Bang & Olufsen Beolab 5 and Dynaudio Focus 600 XD.

Other options?

Best Regards,

Maybe these ? I listened to them. Sound really sweet and detailed.

http://www.elac.de/de/produkte/AIR_X/AIR_X_407/

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Amplification and "dac", so you want a DAC in the speaker for each "driver" ? This don't exist. But you have speakers that can be connected digitally. But all drivers are then feeded by a unique dac that attack the amplification section of those, generally active, speakers.

And a "digital crossover" ? This don't exist either, with the exception of DSP's if it's the term you wanted to use. But you mentionned you are searching a speaker with digital crossover and DSP. So I believe something must be wrong there.
And what do you mean by "sealed speaker" ?

In the great lines, you are searching a studio monitor. But not every good studio monitor has an integrated DAC. Lots are attacked with a classical analogue line level, although some of them use DSP's. And not every studio monitor is built to be used in hifi conditions (mid-field).

You seem lost. For what do you want those speakers for (work or eintertainment) ? What are the dimensions of the room you want those speakers to fit ? And on what set do you plan to use them ?

gasolin

Voxativ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3syauNt0_Q

Raidho Acoustics D5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfRpBm_cT1E

Dynaudio evidence platinum https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VztiW8SnVEs

Audiovector R11 Arrete https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkBgs2RPfu0

Lyngdorf steinway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B32816zRWh4

Only Voxativ is not made in Denmark, but you can't argue that the danes make the best speakers in the world forget about Kef, jbl, audio note, infinity, sonus faber B&W,Mbl,Tannoy

Denmark is the place to look for for the ultimate speakers, if they make speakers in the lower price range that is asked for, then they would be my choice

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Their latest, more affordable, Two.Two series cost from £3k to a little over £6k.

I have had hands on with the smallest, the Two.Two 5 and thought it rather special. Were I inclined to spend serious money on a sytem the 5 and 6 inch models would be high on my list.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
davedotco said:
Their latest, more affordable, Two.Two series cost from £3k to a little over £6k.

I have had hands on with the smallest, the Two.Two 5 and thought it rather special. Were I inclined to spend serious money on a sytem the 5 and 6 inch models would be high on my list.

Plus one .

https://pmc-speakers.com/products/professional/active/twotwo8

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
gallery05.jpg

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Avantgarde Zero 1 DSP Specs. Digital processing: 6 channel, 66-bit FPGAFilter steepness: Up to 100 dB/octaveFilter type: Progressive FIR filtersPhase shifts: < 5 degreesDigital-analogue converters: 3 x 24-bit Burr & BrownPower amplifiers: 2 x 50 watts + 1 x 400 wattsMaster/slave radio link 2.4 GHz ISM/SRDAmplitude linearization*: YesPhase linearization*: YesRoom adjustment/equalization*: 100 EQs, each with 16,000 frequency points

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
tino said:
Avantgarde Zero 1 DSP Specs.

Digital processing: 6 channel, 66-bit FPGA
Filter steepness: Up to 100 dB/octave
Filter type: Progressive FIR filters
Phase shifts: < 5 degrees
Digital-analogue converters: 3 x 24-bit Burr & Brown
Power amplifiers: 2 x 50 watts + 1 x 400 watts
Master/slave radio link 2.4 GHz ISM/SRD
Amplitude linearization*: Yes
Phase linearization*: Yes
Room adjustment/equalization*: 100 EQs, each with 16,000 frequency points

How much bucks in pounds does that cost?

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
tino said:
Avantgarde Zero 1 DSP Specs. Digital processing: 6 channel, 66-bit FPGA Filter steepness: Up to 100 dB/octave Filter type: Progressive FIR filters Phase shifts: < 5 degrees Digital-analogue converters: 3 x 24-bit Burr & Brown Power amplifiers: 2 x 50 watts + 1 x 400 watts Master/slave radio link 2.4 GHz ISM/SRD Amplitude linearization*: Yes Phase linearization*: Yes Room adjustment/equalization*: 100 EQs, each with 16,000 frequency points

How much bucks in pounds does that cost?

about 10K Euro

Alternative suggestion would be a pair of Devialet Phantoms

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Pupazaru, is there any particualr reason for wanting to go down the DSP route?

Does your room have the acoustics of a bat cave?

You have a large budget and could buy a world class system with that money.

You may wish to organise a bake-off in your home, via any hi-fi forums or clubs that are active in your country.

Ideally you'd get to compare a DSP system against a minimalistic system (EG SET amplification into high end very high efficiency speakers) in your room. Same tracks, same volume, one after the other to determine which sounds better to your ears.

DSP may be marketed as the best thing since sliced bread, when it comes to hi-fi. It's up to you to decide if it is or it isn't with your music in your room to your ears.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
NSA_watch_my_toilet said:
Amplification and "dac", so you want a DAC in the speaker for each "driver" ? This don't exist. But you have speakers that can be connected digitally. But all drivers are then feeded by a unique dac that attack the amplification section of those, generally active, speakers.

And a "digital crossover" ? This don't exist either, with the exception of DSP's if it's the term you wanted to use. But you mentionned you are searching a speaker with digital crossover and DSP. So I believe something must be wrong there. And what do you mean by "sealed speaker" ?

NSA, I think you are mistaken.

Digital 'crossovers' are common and are DSP - by definition crossovers are filters, and digital filters are built using digital signal processing (DSP) techniques.

Domestically, at a high (price) level, Meridian have been offering fully digital, DSP, multi DAC, multi amp speakers for quite some time. At a low (price) level, that is exactly what you will find in a Sonos Play1.

The much missed squeezebox Boom had 6 DACs, 6 amplifiers, 24 bit DSP capability and 4 drivers.

Professionally, DSP, multi DAC, multi amp is the topology of choice for venues and theatres, and is becoming the standard for studio monitoring. Genelec for one have a range of speakers that fits the OP's requirements.

pupazaru

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Some of the suggestions are not fitting the budget or are not active.

The acustic of the room is bad and will only be improved by common furniture, so DSP is required. The speakers are for entertainment.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
If the acoustics are bad, DSP will only address the quantity of sound at particular frequencies. It won't help the quality of sound.

EG an echoey bass will still sound like an echoey bass. It just won't sound like an overbearingly loud echoey bass.

If you can improve the acoustics in any way, eg adding "common furniture", then that would be very worthwhile from a sound quality point of view.

Spending 10k on a system and putting it in a room with bad acoustics seems like an exercise in frustration and disappointment. Especially if you've got a friend with an acoustically good room, with a well sorted, modestly priced system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts