The best media player

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
russ74:I did initially but found a piece of software called WMPTagSupportExtender.1.4 which allows for flac tags to be shown in the WMP library - still had to fill them all in manually unlike in the other media software. No real issues with playback so far but it doesn't show the track length or the the moving blue bar above the function buttons (not sure of its proper name). Do get a little time lag between tracks on flac and apple tracks - not sure if it's ReClock or the codec plugins.Not sure about the long term stability of this modified version of wmp compared with winamp etc, some of the codec plugins were very flakey.Still as you say it's all free and easily reversible so worth a shot trying it all.

WMPTagSupportExtender - i have this installed, and it still misses some fields in wmp library compared to winamp, using flacs.

i should probably menrion here that i only realised i had WMPTagSupportExtender the other day when looking in ad and remove progs for something else, but i assume i got it for this purpose...so maybe theres something i havent done.

But yes, its certasinly well worth experimenting - so i can come here and read about it lol!

TRENDING THREADS