the best low price speaker cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Please can anyone recommend the best low price speaker cable for a arcam alpha 8 amp and looking to get either wharfedale 9.1 or misson 751 speakers.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Look on ebay for Van Damme 2.5mm

It's around £2 a metre and as good as you need.

T

the record spot

Two things:-

1. The Mission 751s are the better speaker, even for their age (is this the original with the bass port to the front?)

2. Multistrand cable - think 322-strand as a minimum - is fine. Companies like Digitalis Direct will do you 10m for about £5.50 and it'll work a treat with the Missions. I used the same with Mission 752s and it was excellent.

A

Anonymous

moon said:
Hey Snivil, that's Expencive!

try 322 strand from the bay, 50p a meter. superb :shhh:

I guess, but it's a well made, professional reliable cable. And £12 for a 2x 3m pair is hardly pushing the boat out. I agree some of the other ones will probably work just as well, but you just never know with ebay.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for your help. Is it better to bi - wire the speakers if so is this easy. Also could anyone suggest the best low price DAB tuner for the set up. arcam alpha 8 amp and arcam cd player with hopefully the misson 751 speakers - do not mind second hand equipment.

Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

field said:
Hi

Thanks for your help. Is it better to bi - wire the speakers if so is this easy. Also could anyone suggest the best low price DAB tuner for the set up. arcam alpha 8 amp and arcam cd player with hopefully the misson 751 speakers - do not mind second hand equipment.

Many Thanks

There is another thread on this somewhere. The majority (including me) think bi-wiring is a waste of time and offers no improvement so long as you aren't running on bell-wire!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts