The bedroom system

Fidelity dom

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
I have to ask why a sub with those speakers in a loft???
I have the cross over set at 54 hz which in 10 above the rating quad give for the s4, if found sub just provides a foundation for the rest of the sound. I am aware on some tracks it is hardly kicking in, but for me ive found it can make some music more emotionally engaging. I find a great foundation of base suits my taste, i know it's a contentious subject & some would be more than happy with a little pair of s2s & would claim its a purer sound. The s4s are to my ears a great 3 way speaker, i certainly wouldn't have wanted to go any larger in that room but they do sound lovely, the ribbon tweaters can sound sublime with female vocals, strings etc.

I have the cross over set at 54 hz which in 10 above the rating quad give for the s4, if found sub just provides a foundation for the rest of the sound. I am aware on some tracks it is hardly kicking in, but for me ive found it can make some music more emotionally engaging. I find a great foundation of base suits my taste, i know it's a contentious subject & some would be more than happy with a little pair of s2s & would claim its a purer sound. The s4s are to my ears a great 3 way speaker, i certainly wouldn't have wanted to go any larger in that room but they do sound lovely, the ribbon tweaters can sound sublime with female vocals, strings etc.
I have heard them on their own, my AV surround system is Quad, just wondered about the energy that sub must put into a suspended floor.....

Reactions: Fidelity dom

Fidelity dom

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
I have heard them on their own, my AV surround system is Quad, just wondered about the energy that sub must put into a suspended floor.....
Yeah the floor is actually very well braced, there are two large steels running through it & glue lam beams, there is rock wool insulation, then an 18mm subfloor, then underfloor insulation sheeting & the 20mm oak flooring on top of that. I also have the svs subwoofer isolation feet fitted which definatly reduce vibration.

Reactions: Al ears
Yeah the floor is actually very well braced, there are two large steels running through it & glue lam beams, there is rock wool insulation, then an 18mm subfloor, then underfloor insulation sheeting & the 20mm oak flooring on top of that. I also have the svs subwoofer isolation feet fitted which definatly reduce vibration.
I did notice the feet, obviously cannot see the rest. Enjoy!

Reactions: Fidelity dom

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts