The Apple TV 4K is comfortably the best streamer, but only if you change these settings

nervebreaker

Jul 6, 2024
Visit site
You should also mention that if you are not getting Dolby Atmos showing up on a connected receiver over an HDMI cable test that takes a while to run but then fixes the issue, providing the cable is certified at that level. I lost Dolby Atmos till I found the test, might have had it toggle somewhere in the beta version upgrades

bytchslappa

Jul 6, 2024
Visit site
"The Apple TV 4K is comfortably the best streamer, but only if you change these settings : Read more"

Maybe if you tested the nvida shield pro in your streamer tests - this statement could not be said.. it makes a complete mockery of whathifi when you haven't even looked at or mentioned it.. the problems you have talked about like screen flickering between content don't exist for example..

Downhuman74

Jul 7, 2024
Visit site

"If you're in the Apple ecosystem, then the Apple TV 4K is comfortably the best streamer..."​

There. Fixed the headline for you. For someone who's not in the Apple ecosystem, the Apple TV makes zero sense. And there are better options overall.

LillaQuqen

Feb 5, 2021
Visit site
Having another box for streaming is so 2010. All good TVs come with all the streaming capabilities built in and optimized for the TV you bought.

manicm

"If you're in the Apple ecosystem, then the Apple TV 4K is comfortably the best streamer..."​

There. Fixed the headline for you. For someone who's not in the Apple ecosystem, the Apple TV makes zero sense. And there are better options overall.

No, even if you're not in the Apple ecosystem it's easily the best AV streaming box, and you can get bitperfect audio out of it through Tidal etc.

ActionJ

Jul 8, 2024
Visit site
No, even if you're not in the Apple ecosystem it's easily the best AV streaming box, and you can get bitperfect audio out of it through Tidal etc.
Lol, must be an Apple fanboy. Universally accepted nothing beats the Nvidia Shield Pro.
Talk to any Kodi user. Apple is totally gimped with zero passthrough on Kodi.

Pottsy320

Jan 22, 2023
Visit site
I have two of these, and they accumulate dust on the back of two high end TVs.

There is no audio passthrough for Plex (same for Kodi).

The PCM output (that the Apple TV loves) sounds like mud through my Sonos speakers. This may be the fault of the Sonos, but I don't care, the dreadful Apple TV box remains unused.

I have an Nvidia Shield Pro, but while the audio is perfect, the frame rate issues are horrible.

Also, the Apple TV has a colour tint on all output formats other than RGB high. You can see it, and the calibrator can definitely see it!

Although the interface is slow, the inbuilt apps on my Sony TVs are better than both streamers.

blenky

Jul 27, 2023
Visit site
This article is nonsense. ATV Netflix app is terrible and way out of date. BBC iPlayer app is a joke. No subtitles or UHD HLG. Amazon app is not much better and the Disney+ app has had major issues for awhile. The best streaming app unsurprisingly is ATV+! For the price of this box the streaming apps should be much, much better. And don't get me started on not having bitstream audio pass through!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts