The all in one option..?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I have been looking around and reading various threads and a common theme seems to be that it is hard to get a good well priced all in one system for movies and music (including streamed media). I have a PS3 and Pana 42 plasma and was looking at the Onkyo 606 but have now been put off becasue I am a big music fan as well.

Is there any point going for the all in one option or maybe go for cheaper 2 system setups? or is it possible to use the same speakers with different gear? I wanted to get the 606 a set off Q Accoutics but now I am in doubt.

A

Anonymous

You can proceed with 606 for movie, get stereo amp for music, you can use the same speaker for both. just connect pre-out at 606 to any input(maybe AUX) at stereo amp. main speaker and cdp must be connected to stereo amp. during music you dont have to power on the 606, and for movie just select AUX at stereo amp

A

Anonymous

KrisNZ:...and movie sound is not degraded?

It will be...

A

Anonymous

KrisNZ:...and movie sound is not degraded?

Then again, why don't you just stick to the stereo amp?

A

Anonymous

Hughes123 wrote the following post at 06-23-2008 8:00 PM:

KrisNZ:
...and movie sound is not degraded?

Then again, why don't you just stick to the stereo amp

If he just stuck to a stereo amp he wouldnt reap the fantastic rewards of 5.1.

Your best bet is to do exactly as audiosyoc suggested, except the 606 doesnt have pre outs, you will need to either get at least the onkyo 705 or maybe even the cambridge audio 540r which at £200 - 300 is great value. I dont see how using a stereo amp injunction with a cinema amp will affect cinema quality

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts