The A3 is temporarily closed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Sliced Bread

plastic penguin said:
Sliced Bread said:
plastic penguin said:
Question is: If it were your money (Ketan, Andrew and others) would you choos the A3 or Totem Arro?
I've not heard the Totem, but I've heard the A3 and CM8s that are in the same price bracket (albeit with different amps and rooms). I really liked the A3. I thought it was a nice cosy sounding speaker and cute as a button! Overall though, I perfered the CM8.

Thanks SB. It's the polar opposite for me - had the Arro on trial a few months, I've also heard SA-1 briefly and A5 (very briefly).
You mean you prefered the A3 to the CM8 or the A3 to the Arro?

Sliced Bread said:
plastic penguin said:
Sliced Bread said:
plastic penguin said:
Question is: If it were your money (Ketan, Andrew and others) would you choos the A3 or Totem Arro?
I've not heard the Totem, but I've heard the A3 and CM8s that are in the same price bracket (albeit with different amps and rooms). I really liked the A3. I thought it was a nice cosy sounding speaker and cute as a button! Overall though, I perfered the CM8.

Thanks SB. It's the polar opposite for me - had the Arro on trial a few months, I've also heard SA-1 briefly and A5 (very briefly).

Nope - didn't know the A3 existed until this morning. I've heard the Arro at home and really liked them. Also heard the Spendor SA-1 and A5 in a shop with indifferent views, so I'm trying to get a handle on the comparison between the Totem Arro and A3s.

I've auditioned so many amps and speakers over [recent] years that I'm sick of goin' back and pestering for another home demo.

Sliced Bread

plastic penguin said:
Sliced Bread said:
plastic penguin said:
Sliced Bread said:
plastic penguin said:

Nope - didn't know the A3 existed until this morning. I've heard the Arro at home and really liked them. Also heard the Spendor SA-1 and A5 in a shop with indifferent views, so I'm trying to get a handle on the comparison between the Totem Arro and A3s.

I've auditioned so many amps and speakers over [recent] years that I'm sick of goin' back and pestering for another home demo.

Ah I see. I know the feeling...you start to feel guilty after a while :)

The A3’s have quite a dry (and dare I say dark) sound, however I quite like that kind of presentation. I’ve had dry and dark for years, so I’ve gone for something a little more vibrant this time around.

I’ve not heard the A1 or A5’s unfortunately, but I’ve been told that they are quite similar plus or minus bass extension. I think the trick is to think of the A3 as a large standmount rather than a small floorstander.

Did I mention, that they were really cute!

plastic penguin said:
Andrew Everard said:
plastic penguin said:
Anys'way, back on track. Do any of the reviewers have an opinion on how the A3s stack up against the Arro? given they priced around the same ballpark and are similar size i.e. compact.

You mean you weren't in WHSmith's just now when Ketan popped in and delivered his answer? The two guys in hoodies browsing the gaming mags looked very confused.

That's a NO then?

((Wind is whistling through the hallway))

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts