The A3 is temporarily closed

John Duncan

plastic penguin said:
While waiting in to pay for a bottle of milk I had a quick shoofty through the July edition and saw the Spendor A3s get a reasonable 4 star rating. Question is: If it were your money (Ketan, Andrew and others) would you choos the A3 or Totem Arro?

So is the A3 closed or not?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
plastic penguin said:
While waiting in to pay for a bottle of milk I had a quick shoofty through the July edition and saw the Spendor A3s get a reasonable 4 star rating. Question is: If it were your money (Ketan, Andrew and others) would you choos the A3 or Totem Arro?

No, it's ported.

IGMC

Andrew Everard said:
If it were my money, I'd buy the magazine, rather than having 'a quick shoofty' in the shop.

That it be, Andrew. At this moment in time, we're having a good clear out, putting up new shelves etc. due to the lack of space. Due to my work commitments this is only done as and when, hence the curtailing of any mag including WHFI S&V.

John Duncan said:
plastic penguin said:

Depends whether you have a Leema or not. Let's just say it's a 'bottleneck of thought'.

John Duncan

plastic penguin said:
John Duncan said:
plastic penguin said:

Depends whether you have a Leema or not. Let's just say it's a 'bottleneck of thought'.

ooookkkkkaaaayyyyyy

John Duncan said:
plastic penguin said:
John Duncan said:
plastic penguin said:

ooookkkkkaaaayyyyyy

N-n-n-no - that's not right. There needs to be an additional 'y'.

I make no opologies for my jocular manner - things have been going right for once. Months of hard work (and no little worry) is paying off.

Anys'way, back on track. Do any of the reviewers have an opinion on how the A3s stack up against the Arro? given they priced around the same ballpark and are similar size i.e. compact.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Anys'way, back on track. Do any of the reviewers have an opinion on how the A3s stack up against the Arro? given they priced around the same ballpark and are similar size i.e. compact.

You mean you weren't in WHSmith's just now when Ketan popped in and delivered his answer? The two guys in hoodies browsing the gaming mags looked very confused.

(Oh, and I still don't understand the relevance of the title of this thread.)

Andrew Everard said:
plastic penguin said:

You mean you weren't in WHSmith's just now when Ketan popped in and delivered his answer? The two guys in hoodies browsing the gaming mags looked very confused.

That's a NO then?

Andrew Everard said:
plastic penguin said:

(Oh, and I still don't understand the relevance of the title of this thread.)

Thought the relevance is called 'Artistic or journalistic licence'; a lateral deviation from the normal boring titles I usually dish out.

scene said:
If you've no space for the paper version pp, maybe you should be considering the electronic version of the mag... ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, but no. I know people who download books and read'em on the iPad. To me, there's nothing like holding a real book or magazine. I know I'm an aged puff of wind from the lower regions :p ;) but everything has its place.

scene

plastic penguin said:
scene said:
If you've no space for the paper version pp, maybe you should be considering the electronic version of the mag... ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, but no. I know people who download books and read'em on the iPad. To me, there's nothing like holding a real book or magazine. I know I'm an aged puff of wind from the lower regions :p ;) but everything has its place.

I know what you mean, but I've just had to "permanently archive" (i.e. throw out) all my back issues of WHFS&V and other mags... :cry: An electronic version is tempting - as long as the back issues are available...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
scene said:
An electronic version is tempting - as long as the back issues are available...

At the moment, only current issues are available, although there are ongoing investigations into the possibility of archiving back issues electronically, both on this magazine and across the company.

Sliced Bread

plastic penguin said:
Question is: If it were your money (Ketan, Andrew and others) would you choos the A3 or Totem Arro?
I've not heard the Totem, but I've heard the A3 and CM8s that are in the same price bracket (albeit with different amps and rooms).

I really liked the A3. I thought it was a nice cosy sounding speaker and cute as a button!

Overall though, I perfered the CM8.

Sliced Bread said:
plastic penguin said:
Question is: If it were your money (Ketan, Andrew and others) would you choos the A3 or Totem Arro?
I've not heard the Totem, but I've heard the A3 and CM8s that are in the same price bracket (albeit with different amps and rooms). I really liked the A3. I thought it was a nice cosy sounding speaker and cute as a button! Overall though, I perfered the CM8.

Thanks SB. It's the polar opposite for me - had the Arro on trial a few months, I've also heard SA-1 briefly and A5 (very briefly).

scene

Andrew Everard said:
scene said:
An electronic version is tempting - as long as the back issues are available...

At the moment, only current issues are available, although there are ongoing investigations into the possibility of archiving back issues electronically, both on this magazine and across the company.

Andrew: Does this mean NO back issues are available, or just those issues that were not published electronically?

TRENDING THREADS