Tesco DVD Rental - Problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
|(

Apologies if this is the wrong topic area. But closest to what I wanted to discuss.

Does anyone out there use Tesco dvd hire service? Its actually lovefilm that provide the service but with a tesco badge on the front and cheaper (£12 a month for 2 discs at a time & unlimited compared to loveflms £15).

I used to be in lovefilm and on the whole found them very good. Left them about 6 months or so ago. Nothing to do with bad service of any kind.

Anyway recently i rejoined tesco dvd (same company allegedly but cheaper).

And of the 8-10 blu ray discs we have had so far I have had the same type of problem with 75% of them (all getting so far then sticking).

At first I thought it was my 2 yr old pioneer bluray player (epecially when 2 of the disks both played in my dads sony blu-ray player) so I have just bought (brand new) the panasonic bdt-210 (which is a great bit of kit). Put in the disc that my player struggled with and yep no problem played the bit where it stuck before fine. Excellent i thought. Then 20 mins later, the same problem. Disk sticking, freezing, jumping. All very very frustrating.

Anyone else have problems with tesco or am i just mr unlucky?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice Paul. I do have a disc cleaning machine (like the ones on Amazon). Unfortunately it made no difference at all.

Did i read somewhere that you arent supposed to clean blu-rays or that blu-rays have much greater scratch resistance then dvd's?

perhaps i dreamt it?

It does seem to be just rented ones. My owned ones which get little use are fine. Perhaps I need a new cleaning kit?

A

Anonymous

Couldn't agree more barnsleydave. The condition of many dvds available from tescodvd rental has become terrible - often very badly scratched/marked and frequently unreadable. I've complained several times to them already to nop avail. In the past few months I've had to send back 1 out of every 2 that I receive, Needless to say am currently looking for an alternative service.

A

Anonymous

Thanks laz. i was beginning to think it was my equipment somehow.

Must admit last night i was so annoyed at once again having to give up that I immediately cancelled my account with tesco.

I'll be the only bloke in history who's put "the tourist" into his blu-ray player 4 times ony to watch it for 20 mins before being reduced to swearing and cursing (nothing to do with depp or jolie btw) :)

May try lovefilm again.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
reminds me of when we rented VHS videos in the 80s and half way through they'd be chewed up |( It's appalling how little respect some people have for someone else's property.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure if this only applies to existing members or if it's an 'across the board' thing, but recently, members of LoveFilm on the top package (3 discs) have had that upped to 4 at a time, unlimited.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
I'm not sure if this only applies to existing members or if it's an 'across the board' thing, but recently, members of LoveFilm on the top package (3 discs) have had that upped to 4 at a time, unlimited.

FYI I'm on the 2 discs allowance and recently had an email to say I'm getting a third free of charge.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Try this, I have found it to work with even the worst damaged discs.

Spread some of the cleaning compound directly on to the disc and spread it evenly using a soft cloth, using moderate pressure, then put it into the machine and give it a good run.

That has always worked for me, with damaged discs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts