Tellurium Q Ultra Black versus Townshend DCT 300 Interconnects

josito456

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Dear all, I was considering to buy the Townsend interconnects due to the recent most than favorable review in a UK hif fi magazine. They would replace my first serious interconnects; the classic Van Den Hul D-102III. Now it has appeared the Telurium Q ultra black so, being within the same price £480, I would love if someone knows honestly which is better and if the will make a worthwhile replacement over the Van Den Hul mentioned.

abacus

There are many threads on cables on the WHF forums, so do a search and have a read of a few before you make the decision to change. (Also make sure you can return them for a refund when you find they make absolutely no difference to the sound apart from the placebo effect)

Hope this helps

Bill

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Bill's advice above is very sound (though I don't believe any improvement is simply the placebo effect), especially as you are talking about a lot of money.

I don't recall ever seeing any comment on Townswend cables on the forum, but they do some other great products......I suspect you will have to try this one for yourself.

What system are you putting them in?

josito456

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
There are two schools in this regard, cables, the believers and the non believers: I do really think that cables make a difference, probably it is not worth buying the most expensive ones -4 figure- but everytime, over years, I have made a change I have experimented an inprovement in sound quality. You should listen, for example, my amplifier TAG Mclaren 60 iRV with the lead given with my Canon laser print, the original cable provided and the Wireworld Stratus 5.2-it cost me around £60-. I have done this and it does really makes a difference and this is only the power cable. This Wireworld cable is connected to my laptop AC adapter, using and clove/IEC adapter and I can see an slightly but addictive improvement in brightness, colour and black levels of my- now extint- Sony Vaio HD premium display.

josito456

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok the source is a Sony tuner 730ES- I am a radio man, being the BBC R2 live broadcasting the best- and the amplifier is TAG Mclaren 60iRV. Speakers are the KEF Q1, these speakers are pending upgrading to possible ELAC BS 403.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
josito456 said:
There are two schools in this regard, cables, the believers and the non believers:

actually, there are 3 schools. Those who believe, those who don't believe and those who believe certain cables make certain differences in certain circumstances.

josito456 said:
This Wireworld cable is connected to my laptop AC adapter, using and clove/IEC adapter and I can see an slightly but addictive improvement in brightness, colour and black levels of my- now extint- Sony Vaio HD premium display.

that is the funniest thing I've read in a long time :rofl:

josito456

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
It could sound funny but it is true, I have just one Wireworld Stratus 5.2 power cable therefore I am alternating it between the amplifier and the laptop. So I can see the difference every time- without the Wireworld cable colours, black, brightness look slightly pale in comparison-. For that you should have the Sony laptop F11 wiith the Display premium full HD 16.4'' screen, though, and watching quality made websites such as http://www.cssdesignawards.com/ or blurays.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
josito456 said:
It could sound funny but it is true, I have just one Wireworld Stratus 5.2 power cable therefore I am alternating it between the amplifier and the laptop. So I can see the difference every time- without the Wireworld cable colours, black, brightness look slightly pale in comparison-. For that you should have the Sony laptop F11 wiith the Display premium full HD 16.4'' screen, though, and watching quality made websites such as http://www.cssdesignawards.com/ or blurays.

...and if you plug it in to your printer does it print out better colours??

josito456

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
josito456 said:

I have not tried yet, the printer is laser and with only black ink so monochrome. Obviously, having the best colour laser printer in the market, it won't make a difference when changing cables. I think we are losing the point of the thread please read the subject.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
cheeseboy said:

josito456 said:
I have not tried yet, the printer is laser and with only black ink so monochrome. Obviously, having the best colour laser printer in the market, it won't make a difference when changing cables. I think we are losing the point of the thread please read the subject.

sorry, but when you come out with stuff abbout using a different power cable and suddenly your laptop screen looks brighter, you've already gone off tangent ;)

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
josito456 said:

why not, that's just one persons subjective opinion, which is about as valid in the grand scheme of things as a fart in a bath.

This is also coming from the same people that find marked differences with HDMI cables....

Just see if you can borrow some to test. If a dealer believes they will make a difference then they should have any problems in loaning you the cables, then you can decide for yourself...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
josito456 said:
Ok the source is a Sony tuner 730ES- I am a radio man, being the BBC R2 live broadcasting the best- and the amplifier is TAG Mclaren 60iRV. Speakers are the KEF Q1, these speakers are pending upgrading to possible ELAC BS 403.

My advice would be - don't spend more on cables than would give you a bigger benefit elsewhere in the system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts