Tellurium Q black - Pandoras box ......

phc251212

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I am aware of much of the debate re cables - I have just swapped from Linn K400 cable to tellurium black on a whim ( well cos they were half price!)

Initial impression is a definate increase sharpness and detail especially in the vocals and as many reviews have said a reduction in "noise" especially in the high end.However I can also now see how people sense the lack of vibrancy / energy maybe as a result of a lack of treble harshness

Basically though very impressed on the first few listens, I am concerned its a liitle like the way Dolby NR used to dull our old cassettes (remember them?)

I used to switch the Dolby off, basically I need info on whether to return and try Chord Epic? Or just get a life and new ears?

abacus

Dolby noise reduction did not dull the cassette sound (Unless it was badly set up) it just removed the high frequency noise (Hiss) which the ear brain perceived as being duller as the hiss was at a lower level.

This ear brain perception is the reason people hear changes in sound when none exist, and why every other clue apart from the sound has to be removed when making comparisons.

Everybody suffers from it no matter what they say.

Bill

phc251212

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Ah indeed- my bad! Just curious re the tellurirm "patent" im sure someone has examined the cable re construction - if its "magical" in hi fi then IMHO its often not (like the transmission of digital /HDMI signals which i struggle to notice any difference above a reasonable price/construction). Will blind test some friends later to see thier opinion on TQ and let u know. I must get those super big coasters to stabilise my house maybe thats what im missing............

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how you spent on them but they aren't cheap. I would be worrying what I could have spent the money on that would actually be of some use.
smiley-cool.gif

Chris

phc251212

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
The never ending spiral of hi fi spending ..... bottom line with mid 40's ears is at low volumes lk400 sounds more lively - like an old fashion "loudness" switch - at medium volume equal score perhaps tq slightly better but at good heaving volumes absolutely different sport - massive detail, instruments u never realised were there just appear, cymbals pin sharp and the vocals in total accurate control. No competition for the TQ black to win easily there.

(Still wanna know if its just screwfix 24 AWG lighting cable ........ if it is, more fool us!):rofl:

TRENDING THREADS