Television with the least judder ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
im looking to buy a new tv does anybody know which ones suffers the least from the judders, since spending the day watching hd tv on a friends LG 42 lcd ive become judder concious and it seriously bugs me.

A

Anonymous

depends what judder you are talking about. Were you watching BluRay films with judder during panning shots? Or are you talking about motion blur in fast movement scenes (DVD , Sd or BluRay).

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
ubcool2:im looking to buy a new tv does anybody know which ones suffers the least from the judders, since spending the day watching hd tv on a friends LG 42 lcd ive become judder concious and it seriously bugs me.

Be nice to it. The set doesn't know you so is afraid and judders. A hug can solve many things ... hug a tv for xmas.

A

Anonymous

yeah its the judder u get on panning shots , but this was on sky hd movies mostly , is it supposed to be worse on blu ray ? i dont really care so much on motion blur its the judder that i find distracting.

and no i didnt give it a hug.....honestly.

A

Anonymous

BluRay plays best at 1080p/24 and most new TVs now will accept this signal and play back without introducing any extra judder. (There may be some judder in 24p films, but that is how it was in the cinema). To make a 24p film even smoother you need something like Panasonics "24p Real Cinema", which introduces extra frames to remove any of the original judder. You get that on the PZ81/85/800 ranges. These sets will also smooth out a SKY broadcast to reduce judder, using their IFC feature.

Having said that some people dont like techniques like IFC as it makes it too smooth and video-like. They prefer the original film look.

A

Anonymous

why is it that you dont notice it at the cinema or on dvd then?i

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Because cinema projectors play film back at an fps multiple of 24 (72fps, typically). And with DVD, before they transfer a film to disc, they adjust the film speed slightly so it can be processed without judder by 50hz/fps PAL standard (or 60hz/fps NTSC in the USA) TV sets/projectors. With Blu-ray, you're getting raw 24fps - and you need a TV that can cope with that.

A

Anonymous

why do they call it true cinema then if its actually shown 72fps?

getting a bit confused now, i thought to decrease juder you have to increase the fps with things like 100 htz?

A

Anonymous

ubcool2:

why do they call it true cinema then if its actually shown 72fps?

getting a bit confused now, i thought to decrease juder you have to increase the fps with things like 100 htz?

100Hz is needed on LCDs to compensate for motion blur, not juddder.

Films are played back at multiples of 24fps because that reduces flickering, but as the same frame is repeated three times (72fps)you are still seeing what the director shot at 24fps - real cinema!

A

Anonymous

ive never really had an issue with blur at least its easy on the eyes but on the review here of thesony kdl-40z4500 says their motionflow 200htz is designed to reduce judder aswell? going on that the panning shots on the bluray are a lot smother.?

A

Anonymous

I find that the 24p real cinema mode on the Panny sets makes films look very weird and un-filmlike. Which kind of defeats the object of it being 24fps. It's all about raw 24fps - played back at a multiple of 24 and with no other trickery.

A

Anonymous

i think it sounds like sony have managed to solve the problem with the 200htz. but its a bit pricy and i would rather have a plasma. or there any plasmas that handle judder well?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Panasonic's are fine - you just turn the IFC off if you don't like it. Samsung's range is also very strong. And don't forget the best plasmas of all - the Pioneer Kuro range. Mind you, if you think the Sonys are a tad pricey....

A

Anonymous

was going to buy a panasonic plasma this sat th50pz80. now if the 80 doesnt have the ifc should i wait and save my pennies and buy the pz81?

A

Anonymous

had a quick lookin dixons saw a 50 inchsamsung and even with the 100htz i could still see quite a bit of judder. i dont know if its me being picky. i have this loewe planus tv for almost 10 years but everything is still perfect. i think im gonna give it another year.

A

Anonymous

sjared10:was going to buy a panasonic plasma this sat th50pz80. now if the 80 doesnt have the ifc should i wait and save my pennies and buy the pz81? As Clare just said, the Pannys are fine. IFC is not essential and lots of people dont like it as it makes films look video. You might want other features of the Z81 (PIP, Freesat, digital sound output..) but i wouldnt save up just for IFC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts