Technics SU-3500 vs. Technics SU-7700

HappilyNorth

Feb 4, 2021
Visit site
First off, my amp/audio etc knowledge is limited, but I have the opportunity to buy one of the above.

The former is £200, has a missing on/off button and on/off light isn't working. Overall it's in pretty good condition bearing in mind it's the same age as me.

The latter is £265 delivered and is in very good condition.

I've read the SU-3500 has amazing sound and are being sold on ebay for around £400.

The SU-7700 isn't quite as refined, sound wise but has more power, has the wooden casing and those sexy Left & Right needles that light up.

Question is, which one should I go for in your opinion?

Gray

First off, my amp/audio etc knowledge is limited, but I have the opportunity to buy one of the above.

The former is £200, has a missing on/off button and on/off light isn't working. Overall it's in pretty good condition bearing in mind it's the same age as me.

The latter is £265 delivered and is in very good condition.

I've read the SU-3500 has amazing sound and are being sold on ebay for around £400.

The SU-7700 isn't quite as refined, sound wise but has more power, has the wooden casing and those sexy Left & Right needles that light up.

Question is, which one should I go for in your opinion?
Don't t like the sound of missing button and light - though you could get round that.
Both of those are full of switches and controls that could be problematical (even after a bit of attention).
And prisewise, they're not exactly being given away - people are certainly cashing in on vintage stuff.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts