Technics SL-G700 vs Streamer only

Andry

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I own a Marantz SA8005 SACD player and I'm quite satisfied with it.

I'd like to upgrade and get a Technics SL-G700, but I'm not sure it is the right way.
I may keep the Marantz as trasport and add a streamer such as NAD C 658 or Cambridge Azur 851N.

I'm mainly interested in sound quality (I own a Luxman L550AXII integrated amplifier) and the other features are not so relevant for me.

Do you think both options are a sensible upgrade from standalone SA8005 ?

Thanks to everyone,

Andrea

Welcome.
That is some SACD player you have, and the amp isn't bad either.... :)
Do you own many SACDs?
I would love to hear the SL-G700 and see how it fares against my old Oppo.
If you are happy with the pairing of your Marantz 8005 as it stands then you might find the Technics has a completely different presentation.
I think it's an awkward decision to make but personally I would add the Cambridge 851N to your system as it stands and see how you get on with it.
If it doesn't work for you it will be easy to sell on at a small loss rather than paying your for the Technics only to find that doesn't work for you.

Iwho69

Aug 10, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I own a Marantz SA8005 SACD player and I'm quite satisfied with it.

I'd like to upgrade and get a Technics SL-G700, but I'm not sure it is the right way.
I may keep the Marantz as trasport and add a streamer such as NAD C 658 or Cambridge Azur 851N.

I'm mainly interested in sound quality (I own a Luxman L550AXII integrated amplifier) and the other features are not so relevant for me.

Do you think both options are a sensible upgrade from standalone SA8005 ?

Thanks to everyone,

Andrea
Hi looking at the Technics SL-G700 myself, how is it working out for you, if you went ahead and bought you .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts