Technics SL-1000R

alchemist 1 said:
Al ears said:
alchemist 1 said:
WHOA !!!!!..........A stunning piece of art..........*dirol*

Indeed but I can't afford a Rembrandt either. ;-)
If you save your shekels you could, and possibly more fun than a over prized painting..

.All in the eye of the beholder I suppose....*smile*

They are an awful lot of shekels.....

Although maybe not if you happen to be a Saudi oil sheik... :)

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
At that kind of money (£16-17k) is pure lunacy.
It is and it isn't, compared too say some Linn and Clearaudio decks [£100,000] plus others.

Mind you if I had that amount of shekels spare I think I would.....*man_in_love**wacko**crazy*

alchemist 1 said:
plastic penguin said:
It is and it isn't, compared too say some Linn and Clearaudio decks [£100,000] plus others.

Mind you if I had that amount of shekels spare I think I would.....*man_in_love**wacko**crazy*

Too true. I'm only going by my megre set-up (buying a amp that's ex-dem) to acheive the best your money can buy.

It's all lunacy.

alchemist 1 said:
plastic penguin said:

True, in the great scheme of things it could be considered cheap. I would say that in van analogue set-up the front end is everything but I would caulk at paying much more than my set-up, including the phono preamp, would have cost if I paid full whack for it which would be approximately £6300.

Needless to say I didn't pay full price for any of it. ;-)

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Al ears said:
alchemist 1 said:
plastic penguin said:

True, in the great scheme of things it could be considered cheap. I would say that in van analogue set-up the front end is everything but I would caulk at paying much more than my set-up, including the phono preamp, would have cost if I paid full whack for it which would be approximately £6300.

A man true to his motto......*biggrin*

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Al ears said:
alchemist 1 said:
plastic penguin said:

A man true to his motto......*biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts