Technics CDP

cjackson

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
I bought a Technics CD Player - It cost me £10.

It's model number is SL-PG570A, looked on Google but cannot find much information about it. I have hooked it up and it sounds SUPERB!! Reading disc's It's very quick.

Has anybody had or have got one of these ? Is it worth keeping it for my main system ?

Thanks

Hi cjackson

I have sold quite a few of these and as you discovered the SLPG570 is a cracking cd player. Imo Technics cd players were reliable and superb machines that punched above their weight.
emotion-2.gif

Btw, if you are happy with the SLPG570 than keep it in your main system.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
After getting used to Bluray players and CD players that play SACD and DVD-A discs, older players will seem quite quick nowadays! Technics CD players were always very reliable, and most used servo assisted laser mechs, which could read scratched discs better then most other machines. Chances are, when it fails, it'll be unrepairable and assigned to the scrapheap, but in the meantime, enjoy your £10 player! Even if it lasts for a year, you'll get a tenners worth!

T

the record spot

I used to have the 580A CDP about 12 years back; great little player. Fine transport too, sadly no means to attach an offboard DAC, which was a missed opportunity I think as it had a great build for a £120 machine. By coincidence, I sold it for £5 on Ebay recently. Reckon the 570A would've been of a similar breed; well rated player too from memory.

A

Anonymous

I must be lucky, my CD player doesn't punch anything either above or below its weight
emotion-1.gif

If you have a look at the TNT site you'll see that a certain French manufacturer basically used the innards of Technics players for its early models.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Richersouds was knocking them off at £30 a box, brand new around late 80's. If I remember rightly, it was very smooth sounding player which at the time, most budget digital playback was harsh and bright so the Technics was an instant hit.

T

the record spot

MUSICRAFT:
Hi the record spot

Good post.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hey Rick - always wondered why people cribbed that the Technics CDPs of the late 90s were 'safe' sounding. To my mind, that means "you can listen to the thing for hours", which is the point of them for me!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts