Technical help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
It's a dual winding transformer. The amp has a dual mono configuration, just with some savings in the transformer department. They can obviously fit two if they want to.

EDIT

The space is for this M6PRX Power Amplifier.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, you've dug deeper than me.
regular_smile.gif
I can't imagine a floating earth on a dual-wound transformer but you never know. It could be a wiring fault where they have earthed one winding and not the other. That wouldn't cause a problem (probably) until it was cross-wired.

I would still take the sub off and see what happens. It at least eliminates the possibility.

Chris

peter h

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Dealer has given me an Arcam A39 as a replacement. Has taken some running in but after a month nice sound but not quite as good as M6i (when it was working) although a better bass I think. It seems no fault was found with m6i but a part was replaced as a precaution(couldnt tell me which one) Arcam have told me to only connect a subwoofer via pre out as any other connection could damage the equipment, so it seems the problem all along may have been the subwoofer connections - even though I took pictures and sent them to dealer the first time it happened. I suppose the good news is I dont need the sub with the Arcam due to better bass. I still have a niggling feeling that the M6i was better sound though*help* Thanks for all your input to this post

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts