Tearing my hair out now!

Neilrw

Jan 21, 2022
Visit site
Hi, I have recently replaced an old Sanyo PLV Z5 projector for a new Epson EH-TW27100 UHD 4K ( I think this is 3800 in US). I have an Denon AVR-X2700h reciever into which is connected a Humax STB 1080p, Panasonic Bluray player and Apple TV 4K. The Denon has two HDMI outputs which mirror each other - there is no separate zone out for Video. One output goes to the Samsung TV and the other to the projector. The issue I have us, whenever I switch the TV off to watch a movie from the Apple TV the signal disappears from the projector. A message comes up to say that the signal is not recognised or no signal. The Humax is absolutely fine and this does not happen with it. If I unplug the HDMI from the TV the same thing happens. When switching off the TV the Apple device will keep playing through the projector for around thirty seconds which is making me think it is a power issue however I can't see why the TV plugged into the Denon should cause this as it is solely used as monitor. There were no issues with the old 720p Sanyo
Any suggestions to overcome this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. Neil

abacus

1st thing to try is setting the input of the projector to Native rather than Auto, if that fails you may need to try changing the output settings of you connected equipment, also make sure your receiver is set to pass through, (It will probably be a matter of trial and error to get the right combination)

Bill

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I have recently replaced an old Sanyo PLV Z5 projector for a new Epson EH-TW27100 UHD 4K ( I think this is 3800 in US). I have an Denon AVR-X2700h reciever into which is connected a Humax STB 1080p, Panasonic Bluray player and Apple TV 4K. The Denon has two HDMI outputs which mirror each other - there is no separate zone out for Video. One output goes to the Samsung TV and the other to the projector. The issue I have us, whenever I switch the TV off to watch a movie from the Apple TV the signal disappears from the projector. A message comes up to say that the signal is not recognised or no signal. The Humax is absolutely fine and this does not happen with it. If I unplug the HDMI from the TV the same thing happens. When switching off the TV the Apple device will keep playing through the projector for around thirty seconds which is making me think it is a power issue however I can't see why the TV plugged into the Denon should cause this as it is solely used as monitor. There were no issues with the old 720p Sanyo
Any suggestions to overcome this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. Neil
Try
Apple TV > Settings > Remotes and Devices > Control TVs and Receivers > Off

This is all about an HDMI power signal. Your TV is probably telling the amp it's switching off. Your amp then tells the Apple TV. The setting above will stop the Apple TV from listening.

Neilrw

Jan 21, 2022
Visit site
1st thing to try is setting the input of the projector to Native rather than Auto, if that fails you may need to try changing the output settings of you connected equipment, also make sure your receiver is set to pass through, (It will probably be a matter of trial and error to get the right combination)

Bill
hi Bill , Thanks for the advice. It seems as if i have tried everything now. I have spent ages on the phone with Denon and Epson and each says it is the other's product.

Neilrw

Jan 21, 2022
Visit site
Try
Apple TV > Settings > Remotes and Devices > Control TVs and Receivers > Off

This is all about an HDMI power signal. Your TV is probably telling the amp it's switching off. Your amp then tells the Apple TV. The setting above will stop the Apple TV from listening.
Thanks Arron, i had tried that also. The Apple TV stays on but the PJ doesnt see the signal

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
Thanks Arron, i had tried that also. The Apple TV stays on but the PJ doesnt see the signal
Oh rats, I had a similar problem that took me ages to track down and that's what sorted it.

Just in case it helps somehow... I have an Epson PJ, Yamaha amp and various stuff attached including an Apple TV. The thing that caused me problems was if anything attached to the amp went to sleep, so would the Apple TV. One of my devices would occasionally wake up and go to sleep again 60 seconds later.

Anyway, you said you'd tried that so...
Have you checked the firmware version in the Epson and updated if necessary?
Have you checked the Denon and Epson for similar HDMI-CEC settings? Maybe your old PJ didn't support it but the Epson does and is picking up the sleep signal from the TV but just not handling it well. Maybe try switching HDMI-CEC off on all three and go from there if it fixes the problem.

abacus

Good advice from Arron, another thing to try if it goes off is to switch the input of the receiver to a different input for about 5s, then switch back to the input you want to watch then see if the projector will reacquire the signal.
If the above still fails try a different input on the PJ, also make sure that the projector is not connected to any ARC output. (ARC shouldn’t make a difference but with HDMI you never know as while it should be plug & play, some cases turn into plug & pray)

Bill

Reactions: Arron

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts