How To Tape to Amp

deepee

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My daughter got into vinyl last year, which is great. Her Gran asked if she would like her Grandads old tape recorder.Its a Bang olufsen 1600 recorder and a an old Musical Fidelity B200 amplifier. How do we get the two to play.

nads

This might be interesting as the 1600 looks like a reel to reel machine with a built in amp. So the turntable could be a direct connection. And then add some speakers to that and you don’t need the B200.

but that is just info from a very quick google.

Reactions: Al ears
I suggest getting hold of the tape machine, and some tape, to see if it functions at all. Sadly, it’s highly likely to need ££ spent to get it working, unless you know otherwise.

The 2-pin DIN sockets - flat and round - looks a bit like plus and minus - are for loudspeakers. That’s if it’s a Beocord 1600.

deepee

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I suggest getting hold of the tape machine, and some tape, to see if it functions at all. Sadly, it’s highly likely to need ££ spent to get it working, unless you know otherwise.

The 2-pin DIN sockets - flat and round - looks a bit like plus and minus - are for loudspeakers. That’s if it’s a Beocord 1600.
We have several old tapes which when machine is switched run from one tape to other.
The recorder has 2 connections which are round and have several holes, looks like a male opposite is needed.

I am not too sure the Beocord 1600 had any outputs apart from the speaker connections, so I don't believe you can connect it to the amp.
it has two line level outputs so the turntable could be connected to it using a phono preamp.
As stated you then wouldn't need the amplifier

nads

I am not too sure the Beocord 1600 had any outputs apart from the speaker connections, so I don't believe you can connect it to the amp.
it has two line level inputs so the turntable could be connected to it using a phono preamp.
As stated you then wouldn't need the amplifier
corrected for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts