Tape out

Nadeac

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi trying to copy some of my old tapes to cd useing my pc ~

Problem being is i have a Teac tape deck connected to my amp in the usual way Tape IN ,i then have a 2 phono to 3.5mm mini jack lead on the tape OUT of my amp,connected to my laptop microphone in socket ,and im not gettin any sound comeing through

I have played around with souncard settings and even captured sound from an MP3 player through the mic in so i know it works .It seems as if theres nothing comeing out of the Tape OUT ,on the amp.Never used a tape out before ,is it suposed to have any sound coming out of it? i thought thats what its for .So u can record with

Thanks in advance Mark

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
The amp isn't letting you send a signal to it's tape in and simultaneously send a signal down the matching tape out. Put the tape deck into another input on the amp. That should work.

Nadeac

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
Excellent just tried that and it works ,seems a bit strange though u would of thought that the tape loop would of worked together ,keeping tape play and record together on the back of the amp ,not that anyone bothers with tapes these days

Cant believe even with a good tape tape how inferior tape sound is compared to even a cheap cd player and even pc based music

Thanks again Mark

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Amps often work like that. Particularly newer ones I think. It is a little odd to me, I don't know why thet changed. In the old days that was the standard way to use a 3 head tape deck or EQ (now I am swearing).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts