tape deck set-up

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I know, im going back a few years but i want to buy a tape deck and set it up with my current set up. I was thinking of hooking the tape deck up to my new rega amplifier, is this possible to connect this with upgrarded cables? Any suggestions on what is the best tape player money can buy, or realistically the very best tape deck at a reasonable price, and what cables too? thanks for your help in advance, i have loads of tapes and i want to start using them.

nopiano said:
Are you referring to cassettes or reels? If cassette, I'd look at the best Nakamichi you can find/afford and get it serviced. I would worry about the cables too much. I doubt your Rega has a tape loop, but you only need a spare input if you are playing back. To record, you need a tape out or fixed line output.

Would be interesting to know which as a decent reel to reel isn't going to be cheap.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
If you only want to play back your old tapes hunt down a Nakamichi DR3 or a DR8. DR8 is recent enough to probably not need much of a service unless it looks battered, in which case factor that into the price (or better still, reject it because there are too many other examples which won't be). Plenty of DR3s around on the Bay of E, less so DR8s, but you should get a good one of either for well under £100. Just ignore chancers who've attached stratospheric Buy It Nows to their deceased granddad's HiFi having done a bit of Googling and found out that some of these cassette player thingies by Nakamichi are worth a bit.

Are you referring to cassettes or reels? If cassette, I'd look at the best Nakamichi you can find/afford and get it serviced. I would not worry about the cables too much. I doubt your Rega has a tape loop, but you only need a spare input if you are playing back. To record, you need a tape out or fixed line output.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts