Tannoy Sig.DC4 or B & W 685s for Arcam Solo Mini ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anybody used the above combo's.I do like the look of the Tannoys and their real wood finnish although sound comes first !

Any comments on any Tannoy Signature range would be welcome.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Both are very good speakers but with the Solo Mini's limited power, IMO, you wont get the best out of the speakers.

IMO speakers like the M/A BR2's, Wharfedale 9.1's or the Rega RS3's would be more suited.

What kind of music do you listen to?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I didn't get on with the Tannoy Rev Signatures at all. They were totally lifeless and lacked detail. The soundstage was spot on but in my system (driven by Arcam Alpha 8) they didn't sound good to me, so they went back. In my system, it was a shame the sound didn't match the looks and build quality.

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I am in a similar choice dilemma. I love the Arcam Solo Mini but suitable speakers (that fit a good design) are hard to find. Would the

Tannoy Rev DC4's be a good suit? Or simply under powered.

Any recommendations on speakers that aesthetically match to the Tannoy would be appreciated - I can't say the MA BR2s are quite the design I'd hoped.

Thanks in Advance as its a concern spending nearly a grand and maybe not getting the best from the Arcam/speakers.

manicm

I have the Solo Mini with 685s and it's not bad at all - power's not a problem at all but low volume - they need a bit of volume at all but...

do try the MA RS1s - I think these would be a great match and will hear them soon. Another great match should be the new Rega RS1 (sm) or RS3 (fs).

Edit: Do not forget the Dali Lektor 1 and esp. the 2

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts