Tannoy Revolution Signature - Unstable!

ConcreteFloater

Apr 18, 2008
Visit site
Hello all.

I have a pair of Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6T and a pair of DC4T in a HiFi/5.1 setup. I have apsolutely no crytisisms about them at all, I love them, except... on a wood floor they are rather vulnerable to being knocked over (thanks to a rather heavy-handed father-in-law who 'just can't understand why they have to be so far from the wall!' :eek: and an unfortunate incident with some over-vigorous hoovering!).

I currently have them on their spikes, sitting on the 'cups' that came with them. They are rather top-heavy with a small footprint, hence their succeptability to come crashing down!

My question is whether anyone knows of any solutions to increase the footprint and/or the mass at the bottom? I have had one thought; to have a 4cm thick granite slab cut to a few centimetres larger than the base of the speakers. I would bolt this directly to the base of the cabinets through the threads that currently hold the spikes. Then, I would put the spikes on the underside of the granite and sit that on the floor. This would both increase the mass of the speaker as a whole also increasing the footprint and lower the centre of gravity.

I would be very grateful if you have any thoughts, warnings, suggestions or any other ideas.

Many thanks,

CF.

A

Anonymous

Im just guessing but wouldnt the DC6s have a ballast compartment? If you havnt already try filling it.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Speak to your dealer or Tannoy to get a plinth. All of the latest sets are supplied free of charge with a plinth that stop the topple and IMO enhance the look of the speaker.

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

Just thought I would update this thread, I emailed Tannoy and below is the response they gave:

Thank you for your enquiry. I'm afraid there is no plinth kit available for the DC6T models.

We do have plinth kits available, however, these are for the DC4 models which have a much smaller footprint. Because the DC6 has larger footprint than the DC4, the decision was made that it could remain freestanding without an additional plinth.

Hope this helps to clarify, however, should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to ask.

Hope this helps people.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts