Tannoy Revolution DC6T Floor standing Speakers £175 or save for xt 6f

Jcypser

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi all quick question

I have seenTannoy Revolution DC6T Floor standing Speakers for £175, minor cosmetic damage to cabinet. Worth the price or better to save forTANNOY REVOLUTION XT 6F.

Cheers

insider9

Bargain at £175. I don't see how you could lose any money as long as they're fully working and the cabinets are not too bad. Be sure to demo them properly.

Pairing wise, as above mentioned likely to result in a brighter presentation. It may be something you like. It was my concern also when I was buying them but never felt they were too bright even on the end of an amp such as Onkyo. The older CA I tried were absolutely fine. Arcam, NAD and Primare amps were good matches.

I take it XT6F would cost twice as much not being twice as good.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree that £175 is a bargain, they were originally well over £600 but like many Tannoy speakers seem to be heaviliy discounted when a new model appears.

I had them on home demo along with a pair of Rega RS3's - both driven at the time by an old Rega Brio 2000 amp (38W). I remember that the DC6T's were quite lively - good for a party, whilst the RS3's were more musical and better for a longer and more mellow listening session. I can understand some saying they are on the bright side and of course you don't want to pair them with a bright amp too. But I cannot comment on the Cambridge amps.

Jcypser

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply

Just quick update , managed to pick the speakers up for £160 with 7 days option to return. First impressions they are sexy looking speakers, now for the sound so far sound great, I also agree on the bright side so will use the 7 days for testing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts