Tannoy or Kef?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Hi mate.Can i ask how you know that?If they have, i will go there tomorrow and buy.

A

Anonymous

I KNOW BECAUSE IT IS THE CLOSEST RICHER IN THE AREA AND I WAS THERE SUNDAY AND THEY HAD A SET ON DISPLAY BUT DONT GO BLIND CALL AND MAKE SURE 02085664422 P.S . U OWN ME A PINT MATE !!!

A

Anonymous

ok if i get it tomorrow i let you know and than you get your pint :) Thank you!

A

Anonymous

NO PROBS MATE JUST JOKING BOUT THE PINT BUT HOPR U GET YOUR BABYS 2MOR GOOD LUCK GEZ! PS MY TANNOYS ARE SUPERB BETTER AVERY TIME I HEAR THEM

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Personally, if i only had £200 - £300 to speand on speakers i would have a look at B&W speakers that are for sale on Ebay.

They seem to be going for v good prices currently. Depends on your personal taste though and what music you listen to!

A

Anonymous

Sex -I called them ,but they dont have any.Is the marantz pm7001 good?I can get it for £229 exdisplayd.Is that good price?Should i take it ex displayd for that price?

A

Anonymous

sorry la working all day no time ... i realy dont know so cant advise on the amp sounds to me like u are rushing, slow down and relax dont buy if u havent had a listen read revievs on the net and get wat u want not wat sounds better for the money make a nice clear picture of wat the sistem u want will look like when its finished and work acording ,its not easy and waiting is not nice but it avoids u spending money and not being happy wiht what u got

A

Anonymous

Hi mate.The reviews are pretty good about PM7001. I tried (audition) yesterday the Marantz PM4001 and Rotel RA-04 with Kef iQ5.The result was,the marantz was better,clearer sound and more dynamic.But something was missing and that is the bass power at low volume.Only when i put more wolume,only than i could get more bass ,which i dont like because if you want enjoy more bass you have to turn up the volume but than the tweeter is shouting.So the sound quality of the marantz i like but i need bit more power to enjoy the bass at low volume as well.And here we go-the Pm 7001 it could be the right choise .That"s why i was asking is that good price for the exdisplayd?Should i buy it for £229?

A

Anonymous

Pm 7001 is it ... u looking atb 70w per chanel so not much if u ad a listen and u like it the go its 100 quids off tps (£ 322.99)did u get the speakers where u auditioned the amps ?

A

Anonymous

Hi sex.i have them.I am listening them now.Marantz pm7001 and kef iQ5 and marantz cd player.What to say maybe i am little bit disappointed.I dont know why i just miss some more bass at low volume.when i turn on the source direct button and i put the maximum bass and max.treble i just miss more bass.there is only quiet knocking on the bass speaker.ok when i turn up the volume then is fine but when i turn down the dinamyc bass is changed to quiet "knocking" .the amplifier has enough power but at the higher volume.Any suggestion?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="La"]when i turn on the source direct button and i put the maximum bass and
max.treble i just miss more bass.there is only quiet knocking on the bass
speaker.ok when i turn up the [/quote] may be u made a mistake typing but when the direct button is on no bss or treble is added the amp simply amplyfies the sound and adds nothing button off and u can add all bass and treble u want
ps i find that aswell but i never listen to music at quiet volume its always prety loud but never distorted loud so i get to hear all im suposed to hear asx if i had the band in my bedroom

A

Anonymous

i would like to add that i always keep the direct button on adding bass or treble is not good in my point of view as i wanna hear the disc as it is wit the amp adding as little as possible

A

Anonymous

Even if i put source direct off and max.bass on low volume it will play like any other sony ,philips small micro system.I just miss some buton for turn on bass circuit.:)But off course there is nothing like that i just miss something.I tried over twenty cd but i still miss something at low volume.Sometimes it sounds like mono and not stereo.It is strong if i turn up to volume over 30 % yes its different but when i turn down -evening-it sounds like cheap stereo.The bass is loosing a shape and the low frequences just dissapear.It sounds like you would listen to music without the bass speaker.Maybe i am wrong and i am just too fussy ,i do not know

A

Anonymous

mate i dont know wat to say as i cannot judge the sound from the other end of the line sorry

A

Anonymous

It is all right mate.Thank you for your help.I really appreciate it. I think i will take it back to the shop tomorrow.Maybe is just not the best combination.But i am not giving up,and this is just a begining of my long way to find the best for myself.Cheers mate

A

Anonymous

thats right dont give up id keep the kef mate ans save for a much better amp

A

Anonymous

I was thinking, could be the problem the sensitivity of the iq5 which is only 88dcb?That is why is harder to drive and at the low volume is just not enough colorfull the music?would be better to buy more sensitive speakers than to buy much more expensive amplifier?Or would be the solution to buy graphic equalizer?I have to decide until this friday to keep the kefs or to take tham back.

A

Anonymous

AS FAR AS I KNOW THE KEF HAVE A Sensitivity (Db) OF 91 AND THATS READ FROM THE KEF HOME PAGE http://www.kef.com/history/2000/q/qseries5.asp SO U CAN REST ASURED ITS TRUE ,SO 91 IS GOOD VERY GOOD. AVERAGE IS 89 ,09 IS GOOD BUT 91 IS REALY GOOD YOUR SPEAKER SHOULD BE REALY EASY TO DRIVE SO NO THE SPEAKERS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM. ITS THE AMP OR ITS U, I PERSONALY DONT EXPECT STRONG BASS IF I DONT TURN UP THE VOLUME HAVE A LLOK AT SE4COND HAND SHOPS AND GETT A STONG POWER FULL AMP ULL GET ONE FOR £200 AS I KNOW IT YOUR LIMIT JUST MAKE SURE ITS OF GOOD QUALITY AND THAT UCAN RETURN IT IF NOT HAPPY

A

Anonymous

SORRY MATE MY MISTAKE U GOT TWO CHOICES MORE POWER OR MORE SENSITIVE SPEAKERS AND BOTH GO DOWN THE EXPENSIVE WAY

TRENDING THREADS