Tannoy DC6T to go?or is it amp.

DJ-pressure

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I've just received my Tannoy DC6T ex display model and got my old Pioneer A-400 runing them.

Campared to my Jamo's the Tannoy's arent great. Bass aint that deep, there is lack of live in them, I appreciated my Jamo's much more. however some of the high frequency's seemed to appear in Tannoy's much more than in Jamo's. This still hasn't changed a fact that Tannoy's sound poorer.

Can you tell if that is because of the amp - A-400 is just not good with them? or My Jamos are that good?

If so, which amp up to 500note ( Rega brio R? , Marantz PM6004) can get the real lively sound from them?

I'm already thinking to sell these Tannoy's 500 pound I've paid and will be asking same.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
DJ-pressure said:
I'm already thinking to sell these Tannoy's 500 pound I've paid and will be asking same.

One time I had Dynaudio Contour S1.4 which I bought on impulse and wanted to sell them after hearing them for few days. No matter how different advices I got from people to keep them, I sold them with in weeks. I lost no money and never regretted my decision. Sometimes we have to listen to our instincts.

Coming back to actual SQ of the speakers, I have recently bought the Signature DC6T (I doubt they are much different from the non-signature version). They are like three weeks old with me (Bought Brand new in box). They are still opening up. After 10 hours of running or so, I knew that these are the speakers for me (atleast the re-starting point for floorstanding speakers). I sold my Proac Response D2 immediately. The clarity, the layering, the bass eveyrthing is so much alive. They are a tad brighter but I am very sure they still need run in atleast for few more weeks. They are getting smoother by the day (Average run in of 3-4 hours a day). After hearing the DC6T, I can also confidently say that B&W CM series floorstanders (both CM7 as well as CM8) are the worst floorstanders I ever bought (and I lived with each of them for an year :( ). The CM has no layering ever.

I have no clue about the Pioneer amp but you need to mate it with the right one, may be? I used to have the Denon PMA 7XX some time back and I would say Denon PMA range would match perfect. I am currently running DC6T with a Marantz Pearl (not the lite version) amplifier and overall effect is very very smooth.

DJ-pressure

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot WishTree.

I will give them a good run befor letting them go then. I would just need a new amp to mach them.

I just hope I will find the sound I want.

A

Anonymous

Hi DJ-pressure,

May I ask you if you hear a better sound after several weeks? I just bought these Revolution DC6T (running now since 2 weeks) and have exactly the same remarks (so: feeling quite disappointed).

Amp: Marantz PM6004.

Many thanks in advance for your feedback

DJ-pressure

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
ppo66 said:
Hi DJ-pressure,

May I ask you if you hear a better sound after several weeks? I just bought these Revolution DC6T (running now since 2 weeks) and have exactly the same remarks (so: feeling quite disappointed).

Amp: Marantz PM6004.

Many thanks in advance for your feedback

Hi PPO,

Yes, you have to give them a long run. But it's worth it.

In the time I runned them, I've tried few other amps which weren't good, so I did put back my A-400 and I was happy.

Now I finally got TX8050 and I'm even happier.

Give it a run.

A

Anonymous

Ok, I'll be patient then :)

Many thanks for your quick reply!

DJ-pressure

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
honestly
ppo66 said:

Ppo what amp have you got?

If I may sugest , just try Onkyo TX8050 and I'm sure You will love it.

Honestly It sounds like it's made for these tannoys.If you wont be suprised with these speakers playing with this amp, I will not make a single post in this website any more/ I'm so sure it will sound so goood. But just make a sure you listen to radio express after 8pm.. What kind of music do you listen to???

DJ-pressure

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
DJ-pressure said:
honestly
ppo66 said:

Ppo what amp have you got?

If I may sugest , just try Onkyo TX8050 and I'm sure You will love it.

Honestly It sounds like it's made for these tannoys.If you wont be suprised with these speakers playing with this amp, I will not make a single post in this website any more/ I'm so sure it will sound so goood. But just make a sure you listen to radio express after 8pm.. What kind of music do you listen to???

I meant, try to listen to this radio on saturday evening (93.7fm) if you like this kind of music. If you're not, than let me know what kind of music you are listen to and I will try to find a great example that your favorite music albums is playing the way you want throu thiS amp. I'm just so positively surprised with this amp that I can not just let it be.... I have to promote it.

It's so musical that I'm forgetting about any other aspets of music other than its musicality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts