Tannoy DC10T or PMC Twenty 24

Psyopus

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi all.

I'm not new to this insane & rewarding passion/hobby but decided I would do what I thought I would never do & join a forum!

I'm incorporating an introduction with an inquiry, as in the title...

Anyone heard both & which did you prefer?

To assist your recommendations I listen to progressive/technical metal, post rock (Rapeman, Slint etc.) & other avant garde business...

Thanks.

You impetuous fool you! :)

Welcome to the forum.

Are you intending to purchase either / or? I have not heard the Tannoy's but would have to say the PMC's were very good, with a caveat. You have to have the space. In the smallish room I heard them in I'd have thought the 23's might have been better suited.

What is your room size and what would you be looking at driving them with?

Do you have the ability to audition either / both yourself?

I only ask because there are so many foreign forumees these days it is almost impossible for them to audition whatever is suggested here.

Price-wise the Twenty 26's are the nearest equivalent

Psyopus

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome & reply you effing bum hole!

Yes you're correct the obvious would be to audition them but I have no shops near that have both.

I'm not using high end gear; modest equipment-

Roksan Caspian M2 integrated, Caspian M2 power, Caspian M2 player, Lavry Da10, Inspire custom TT/OL upgraded Onyx arm/AT33EV, Anatek MC1/MCP.

I've read all the reviews I can find & both appear highly recommend but from what I can ascertain I would like an amalgamation of the two. I want the low end & dynamics of the DC & the detail & neutrality of the 24.

I'm not buying new because I can't afford to!

The 26 would be great but it's too new to have a fairly low used price...

Psyopus said:

Yes you're correct the obvious would be to audition them but I have no shops near that have both.

Roksan Caspian M2 integrated, Caspian M2 power, Caspian M2 player, Lavry Da10, Inspire custom TT/OL upgraded Onyx arm/AT33EV, Anatek MC1/MCP.

I've read all the reviews I can find & both appear highly recommend but from what I can ascertain I would like an amalgamation of the two. I want the low end & dynamics of the DC & the detail & neutrality of the 24.

I can see why you refrain from joining forums.

Persons with attitudes like yours we could do well without.

Read the house rules. :read: :wave:

May you live in interesting times.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
Psyopus said:

HOUSE RULES REALLY?.. CALLING SOMEONE A FOOL IS REALLY NOT A WAY TO WELCOME THEM

Native_bon said:
Al ears said:
Psyopus said:

HOUSE RULES REALLY?.. CALLING SOMEONE A FOOL IS REALLY NOT A WAY TO WELCOME THEM

If English had been your first language sir you would have realised it was said in jest., there is no reason to shout.

Psyopus

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Al ears said:
Psyopus said:

What...??!!! Do you not think my reply was also in jest? !

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Psyopus said:

Wow its no wonder offence was taken, it ceratinly cuts it a bit fine. I am all for humour but there is no indication to me that this was humour.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts