Tacima CS929 mains conditioner or Lindy mains conditioner?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

am interested in purchasing a mains conditioner .... can anyone say which is the better (the Tacima or the Lindy?) .... they are both approx the same price .... is there better for the same price?

sorry for my ignorance .... these are new to me!

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
as far as i no the lindy is the tacima with a little badge on it saying lindy and i think you can get one for about 25 squid.and it worth every penny in my opinion made a big difrence to my setup

A

Anonymous

thanks nodnarb .... will get one and try it on my hifi system .... if not entirely happy, will use it for my tv or pc ...

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
good plan it probably did more for my tv than anything else even if you keep it on your hifi you should give it a try on your tv.it did more for my picture than the mains cable and hdmi upgrades put together

A

Anonymous

a quick update: plugged the tacima mains conditioner .... only have 2 things connected (amp is connected in the socket closet to the cable), and have the cdp connected next to that

did it make a difference? .... not really sure, as system sounds the same to me (and my wife) .... tested with several tracks using the conditioner and without the conditioner

suppose I cannot complain as was only £24 and now I have peace of mind that it's supposed to be good and offers some form of protection

A

Anonymous

dim_span:
a quick update: plugged the tacima mains conditioner .... only have 2 things connected (amp is connected in the socket closet to the cable), and have the cdp connected next to that

did it make a difference? .... not really sure, as system sounds the same to me (and my wife) .... tested with several tracks using the conditioner and without the conditioner

suppose I cannot complain as was only £24 and now I have peace of mind that it's supposed to be good and offers some form of protection

That is a pity... when I plugged in my Tacima to my system and to my girlfriends I noticed an immediate difference... the sound being produced had more clarity and was just, subtly but definitely, better...as you said though you now have surge protection so it was not an entire waste :)

idc

dim_span:

Try it without the amp connected through the tacima. There are many reports that amps are better straight to the mains rather than via a conditioner.

A

Anonymous

Try it without the amp connected through the tacima. There are many reports that amps are better straight to the mains rather than via a conditioner.

made no difference in sound when plugged directly into the wall socket, or into the conditioner (system sounds exactly the same to me) ....

will leave the amp and cdp plugged into the conditioner as will protect the equip if there is a power surge

idc

Your lack of success would tend to suggest a clean mains supply to that socket. If you really feel like experimenting try with and without at different times of the day as the voltage varies, high use at dinner time (voltage drops) and lower use late at night (voltage rises).

A

Anonymous

thanks IDC .... however, will leave the system plugged into the mains conditioner as I now have 'peace of mind' that there is a form of protection on the system

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
idc:Your lack of success would tend to suggest a clean mains supply to that socket. If you really feel like experimenting try with and without at different times of the day as the voltage varies, high use at dinner time (voltage drops) and lower use late at night (voltage rises).

No it doesnt, the voltage AC 230v stays pretty much the same as it it fed from a 440/230V transformer. The only fluctuations may be in frequency which should for the UK be 50Hz. The National grid control centre tries to keep this between 49.5Hz and 50.5Hz dependant upon the load in the grid and calls for extra generation at peak times. The differences that this will make to your system would only slightly effect the speed of the internal clocks possibly but only by a fraction of a second. Normally you will not notice any fluctuation on your domestic supply.

I do however believe that the conditioners do work by reducing the interferance generated into your home circuits, by domestic items such as washing machines, fridge freezers etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts