sytem photo

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
toyotamanssystem002.jpg

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi all I posted photo and there was no room for text the speakers are on loan from seven oaks and sound realy good even at low volumes and fantastic like you are there when played loud not had chance to do that yet as I only got them saturday but played very loud at seven oaks . if you go into seven oaks Norwich ask for Matt a very helpfull young man and well into his music and his hifi :cheers:

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
ifor said:
MUSICRAFT Looking good :) [/quote said:
I don't care for the wallpaper.

Aren't the speakers rather close to rear and side walls? Maybe you don't have an option.
Hi ifor wallpaper going soon cables chased into trunking in wall new carpet + redecorate speakers are a little closer to walls but no option but so far no problems with boom/ bloom although not realy turned it up yet the r700 are on home dem to see if I can get away with it so far I am well pleased I am listening to Elto John Tumbleweed connectio:cheers:

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
ifor said:

I am listening to Elto John Tumbleweed connectio:cheers:

I was listening to GBYBR just the other day. He used to be very, very good.

[/quote]

Danny Bailey is My favourite EJ track and as you say used to be very very good

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
ifor said:
MUSICRAFT Looking good :) [/quote said:
I don't care for the wallpaper.

Aren't the speakers rather close to rear and side walls? Maybe you don't have an option.

ifor ... Stop being so complementary you old softie. He is sure to move the walls out and chuck some paint on walls. Wallpaper is soooooo non hifi I recon specially in a darkened room. :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi TM, that all looks very good....but you need to try some bass heavy tracks, with the volume up a bit, just to make sure they don't overpower the room.

Is the floor a suspended wooden one?

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Hi TM, that all looks very good....but you need to try some bass heavy tracks, with the volume up a bit, just to make sure they don't overpower the room. Is the floor a suspended wooden one?

Hi Cno I think the floor is suspendid its an old terrace house with floor boards and a high ceiling 8ft I have been running some bass heavy tracks at fairley high volume well above what I normaly listen at and I am well pleased no boom its still earley days as I am about to test with some rob zombie rush any bass heavy tracks you could suggest :cheers:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Re the suspended floor - You should experiment with granite worktop savers under the speakers.

For bass heavy tracks, have you got any:

Daft Punk

Eminem - The Slim Shady LP

Blue Man Group

Pink Floyd - First track of dark side of the moon (Heartbeat)

Supertramp - You win, I lose (from some things never change)

Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow

Rihanna - Rated R

I'm sure others can come up with better - but it's the best I can do at a moments notice.

theo12

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi toyotaman

I follow your listening choices on one of the "what are you listening to" threads, you obviously like a bit of rock!!

Just a quick question, are the speakers R700's or R500's? Looks to me they are 700's but pictures can deceive.

Also a suggestion for listening pleasure, have you tried Red Barchetta from Moving Pictures? Although not bass heavy I would be interested to hear your reaction to the bass playing and kick drums on that track.

I am quite envious of your set up, must sound an absolute treat.

I will be upgrading my kit but it is going to be around 14 months before I get all the bits into place, so patience is a real virtue as the pleasure will be awesome. I'll start a thread when the money is saved and ready to spend.

Would love to read more of your thoughts on these speakers as they bed in.

Theo12

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Nice TM :) Keep us updated as to how you get on.

Hi BenLaw I will be listening to some atc scm40s the weekend after next how are the atc at low volume the kefs are very good which is a bonus it means I can listen for longer:grin: :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts