System upgrade, try to find the bottleneck

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

insider9

Vladimir said:
No one ever impressed ppl with a Rega Brio.

Quote of the week
thumbs_up.png

Ch3m

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Actually all the time my parents come to visit me, dad pushes me to change the Amp and the turntable. But before investing money I want to be sure.

I auditioned a pair of Tannoy Revolution XT6F, they were quite good in the shop but a bit disappointing when taken home for the test. It might have been my room that was too small for the speakers or the rest of the system which is not good enough for appreciate the difference between the two speakers, but I couldn't find a reason for their price

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Looks like you'll eventually change everything. The typical hipster newb system these days is a Marantz PM6006 + Project Debut or Rega RP1 + MA Bronze 2. You're 33% complete.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Ch3m said:
Actually all the time my parents come to visit me, dad pushes me to change the Amp and the turntable. But before investing money I want to be sure.

I auditioned a pair of Tannoy Revolution XT6F, they were quite good in the shop but a bit disappointing when taken home for the test. It might have been my room that was too small for the speakers or the rest of the system which is not good enough for appreciate the difference between the two speakers, but I couldn't find a reason for their price

i think you are probably right there. The xt6f is a good speaker imho.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts