System Snaps

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

My wife actually said she prefers the "long wooden types", which means floorstanders. She thinks they're more elegant.

There is no chance of a dark grey pair of Mackies in the living room but something like an ADM9 might be a suitable compromise when I look for a domestic system again later in the year. Better still would be something like this if it existed with digital inputs:

avi-amp-pak_duo.jpg

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
A Benchmark DAC1 Pre would complete that set-up nicely! (Or any of the BM DACs if you don't need an analogue input)

Or a Beresford TC-7520 using the variable output/volume control (but I gather you don't like Beresford after your 'e-bay mods' comment yesterday.)

A

Anonymous

Chebby,

I'm sure a Beresford would work just fine in the above system. I was being mean about it because you have so many boxes in your set-up that could have been consolidated when you upgraded
emotion-1.gif

The problem with the Duos is that they are passive - yuck! - and the amp paks are only 100watts, so perhaps insufficient for high fidelity with a floorstander.

Out of interest, why didn't you consider a consolidated system like this when you changed?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts