System move - Still need help with my layout! Advice please! photos attached...

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, so here is some different angle shots of my living room. At the moment it's just not ideal where my hi fi is set up, and where the speakers are....

You can notice in the last photo i've uploded where the TV is in the corner, and the heater in the middle of the wall.. Eventually i want to take that heater out and have a tv mounted there with a low cabinet running along half the wall, corner sofa etcetc haha...

But in the meantime, can anyone suggest doing anything differently, as it's great listening to music on the sofa where the speakers are either side, but not ideal if i'm sat at my computer - occasionally i just turn the speakers round, but i don't want to keep moving my stuff all the time.

Any help would be appreciated - feedback on the current set up etc. Thanks! :)

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
IMG_0150.jpg

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Helpfull, why bother posting? Do you really have nothing better to do than just just be so critical and arrogant...

I like listening there, you might not...

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
To be fair, please dont take this the wrong way I think the whole roome could do with a lay out change.

I am thinking of some altenatives, It wouls be good for you to get the speakers infront of the sofa that has the tv . Smaller speakers may be required, may be wall mounted, or on thin custom stands.

Will post some more ideas.! in a min,

iceman16

seasonsdownfall said:
Helpfull, why bother posting? Do you really have nothing better to do than just just be so critical and arrogant...

Why do you ask for suggestions when you like listening where your speakers are?

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
moon said:
To be fair, please dont take this the wrong way I think the whole roome could do with a lay out change.

I am thinking of some altenatives, It wouls be good for you to get the speakers infront of the sofa that has the tv . Smaller speakers may be required, may be wall mounted, or on thin custom stands.

Will post some more ideas.! in a min,

Thank you, I know and i agree that it could do with a complete change... ideally like i said in the original post, i would have it set up by the wall where the big bulk of a heater is haha.

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
iceman16 said:
seasonsdownfall said:

Why do you ask for suggestions when you like listening where your speakers are?

Because at the moment, it is the best place to listen to them ... i've already said it's not ideal, none of it... I would much rather they were in front of a sofa at one end of the room so the whole room benefits.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
move the sofa( the one which currently has the speakers either side) to where imac and desk currently are. Then move the desk in between the two windows.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Centralize the other sofa so that it is equadistant from each side wall. The nest of coffee tables can go next to it.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
seasonsdownfall said:
It's not ideal where they are anyway, I know that - that's why this post exists, so maybe some people in this forum could help... and be suggestive.

Yes, and I'm suggesting the best place for those speakers is in front of you, that way you get correct stereo-imaging and soundstaging, none of which you'll be getting at the moment.

If that's not helpful then there's nothing I can do for you.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
move the tv on its now consolidated hifi stand so that it takes the place of the black boxes with the white ornamnet on top. Put the boxes somewhere else.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
You now have some room to fit the speakers either side of the tv. which you should do for decent stereo imaging. The window will be slightly obscured, but a decent blind instead of heavy curtains would tidy that up.

The computer is now closer to the Hifi rack for connecting to the amp if you want computer music, also the tv phono outs can be plugged in to the amp so you can enjoy stereo sound whilst watching the TV.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
So you agree you only need one stand? The sofa in the middle of the room dominates the whole area and needs moving.....I really want to pop round and shift it all for you, Id have it done in a jiffy.

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha! Anywhere near Essex!? I've moved the TV stand flat against the wall where the boxes were, probably will connect the speakers to the TV.

I don't think there's going to be room for my TT on the stand though, unless i got the TV mounted... which id much rather do where the heater is

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
seasonsdownfall said:
Hahaha! Anywhere near Essex!? I've moved the TV stand flat against the wall where the boxes were, probably will connect the speakers to the TV.

I don't think there's going to be room for my TT on the stand though, unless i got the TV mounted... which id much rather do where the heater is

I suggested moving the desk, would the turnsble fit on the right hand glass shelf of your desk( where your mug is)?

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
seasonsdownfall said:
It wouldn't be sturdy enough, and also if the amplifier was moved to the TV stand, the cable attached to the turntable wouldnt reach the amplifier.

ok, maybe post some more pics when youve had a play... then we can go from there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts