System Downsize Demoing...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
OK so did a side by side demo of the proacs vs the spendors. Very close but the spendors did it for me by virtue of having slightly better imaging a nicer treble and very very slightly better midrange. However, the lack of bass could be a big problem for some people.

A

Anonymous

Sweet. So are you going to get some? Which finish?

I agree about the bass, I can easily see why many wouldn't be satisfied. A half decent sub like a basic REL does add quite a lot of presence so you could always experiment later.

lewis hurlin

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I would llok at B&Ws maybe the P serires I had a pair of P4s which where really nice and easy to drive, would go nicely with Cyrus stuff You can pick them up for good money if you can find a decent pair. Make sure you have good neighbours though

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Im going to go for the Zebrano if i get them. I love the finish, which is another reason i chose them over the proac. Look forward to having them in my room. Im also considering used WB square ones but i have a feeling these may be too big for my needs.

igglebert:Sweet. So are you going to get some? Which finish?

As for the sub do you find it integrates well? Ive used a sub in the past and cant get the right integration between sub and speakers with the sub always sounding slow and flabby...

I agree about the bass, I can easily see why many wouldn't be satisfied. A half decent sub like a basic REL does add quite a lot of presence so you could always experiment later.

A

Anonymous

Good choice, they are both fantastic speakers but the bass was just a bit to light for me abd in my room so have gone for the proac's.

Roll on end of next week when they get here in the colour I want.

A

Anonymous

Superb speakers, enjoy them! I'd still like to grab a used pair of 1SC to play with.

A

Anonymous

Id like to grab alot of things to play with but wouldnt be allowed ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts