system building, bristol sow

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi went to bristol show and now want to build a decent hi fi system there was that much gear on display it was mind boggling (the nordost guy was great though)

ive got about £3000 to spend on amp , cd , speakers cales etc i know its not a lot but if you could give me advice it would be most helpfull

A

Anonymous

Personally I'd have to recommend the speaker offerings from PMC and Spendor. I've heard a few of both and have always been very impressed.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
igglebert:Personally I'd have to recommend the speaker offerings from PMC and Spendor. I've heard a few of both and have always been very impressed.

Aye, did like them PMCs. Could only (just) afford the standmounts, but then my ears and room may rebel with floorstanders anyway.

A

Anonymous

al7478:
igglebert:Personally I'd have to recommend the speaker offerings from PMC and Spendor. I've heard a few of both and have always been very impressed.

Aye, did like them PMCs. Could only (just) afford the standmounts, but then my ears and room may rebel with floorstanders anyway.

Have you made a purchase Al? I reckon a small room would get away with a pair of GB1i.

T

the record spot

al7478:

We had a tiny living room in our last place in Edinburgh; the Mission 733i worked fine. You could always opt for something a little smaller, but depends on your wants/preferences; you might be able to get something a bit like the old Royd Minstrels - they were clever little floorstanding boxes that punched well above their weight. Not sure what a modern pricier equivalent build would be out there now though, though the PMC appears to get the nod.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
the record spot:al7478:

We had a tiny living room in our last place in Edinburgh; the Mission 733i worked fine. You could always opt for something a little smaller, but depends on your wants/preferences; you might be able to get something a bit like the old Royd Minstrels - they were clever little floorstanding boxes that punched well above their weight. Not sure what a modern pricier equivalent build would be out there now though, though the PMC appears to get the nod.

Thanks for the tips. Those Missions look big!

A

Anonymous

sorry all for not being specific but to be honest i found a lot of the listening rooms a bit of a let down though Wilson Benesh and the gear used by Nordost was great(though i though 20 grand for a cable just a little extreme)
Naim , Nad , etc all had fine displays but i also noticed a lot of people using bryston ?

Im sorry for not being more specific but im more a home cinema expert( well thanks to what hi fi staff)But i was so impressed with Wilson and Nordost (and wasent that guy great) that i just have to seek out clarity of sound.

Thanks again in advance for any help again guys

A

Anonymous

oh ****** ive called it the bristol sow and waiting for more pig jokes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts