Synology DSM 4.2 beta

Chisy1

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone tried the new beta yet? I'm wondering if the videostation and DS Video does now do direct airplay from NAS to appletv. In particular the DS Video app. If you start a movie and AirPlay does it mean you can use the iDevice for other tasks?

I have essential data on my NAS so will not upgrade until its out of beta testing and there seem to be mixed reports on other websites but I trust everyone on here to give a proper test and report

Thannks very much

Chisy

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
Not using 4.2, but am having issues as not all of the video is playing back, all Apple sourced so its not the format??

Chisy1

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
I have the same issue and another forum I read suggested installing aceplayer (at least I'm fairly sure that's what it was - not next to ipad to confirm). When you click on the video in DS video it opens up that app and plays it fine.

It's really odd that this happens because DSFile (from Synology) happily plays all my m4v movies without hiccup, but you miss out on the nice interface that DS Video provides.

Alternative is to install plex media app onto your Synology and then use plex app. I've been switching between them and can't make up my mind. Plex looks nicer in my opinion but seems a little slower.

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
I would like to avoid loading another app as the DSA system works with some, would just like to know why it is not working with all.

Chisy1

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
You could try raising a support ticket with synology. https://myds.synology.com/support/support_form.php It's never bothered me enough to see what they had to say.

TRENDING THREADS