Synology DS Audio app

Twill

Oct 6, 2007
Visit site
I'm looking at buying a Synology NAS and using their DS Audio app to stream my FLAC collection to an iPhone, thus giving me PC-free easy access to my FLAC files all over the house.

Anyone who already uses DS Audio, I'd be interested if you know answers to the following - I've found Synology hard to approach directly.

Does the DS Audio app support dock remote controls? If I selected an album from my NAS using DS Audio, started it playing, and then docked the phone in, say, an rCube for playback, could I then retire to the other side of the room and use the dock's remote to control playback - pause, skip etc?

Do people feel that DS Audio is currently probably the best route for this kind of functionality?

Interested in thoughts of anyone who's tried this.

Twill

Oct 6, 2007
Visit site
...also interesting that QNAP have an updated QMobile app. Wonder how this compares to Synology. anyone got any experience? Questions like this will ultimately determine which NAS I go for I think.

QNAP say that using their app you can connect your NAS to a USB DAC and use the app as a remote control. Could be an interesting no-PC option for music... assuming my existing USB DAC is compatible.

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
[UNPUBLISHED DUPLICATE]

I have a Synology DS211j storing my lossless iTunes library, in the interests of science I have just docked my ipod touch into my Roberts 63i selected the DS Audio app and once launched, yes you can use the 3rd party remote.

I have not tried this before as you can stream via wifi from the Nas to the Roberts without using an iPod, good to know
smiley-laughing.gif

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
I have a Synology DS211j storing my lossless iTunes library, in the interests of science I have just docked my ipod touch into my Roberts 63i selected the DS Audio app and once launched, yes you can use the 3rd party remote.

I have not tried this before as you can stream via wifi from the Nas to the Roberts without using an iPod, good to know
smiley-laughing.gif

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Twill said:
...also interesting that QNAP have an updated QMobile app. Wonder how this compares to Synology. anyone got any experience? Questions like this will ultimately determine which NAS I go for I think. QNAP say that using their app you can connect your NAS to a USB DAC and use the app as a remote control. Could be an interesting no-PC option for music... assuming my existing USB DAC is compatible.

On a QNAP u can install PS3 media server - turning your NAS into full transcoding DLNA media server. (music & video)

http://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/PS3_Media_Server

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts